Prolage 2; first meet.

(Y/n)'s Pov
Zane

Grandpa left a few hours ago, so I was left alone. He gave me a book in case if I was bored. I was just waiting outside, waiting for the gate to open, Also, I was talking to the man who is speaking in my head.

'Mister, '

I called out.

'Mister, can you hear me?'

{Yes, what is it?}

The man asked kindly.

'Who are you?'

{Why do you want to know? It's none of your business.}

I was bum by his words.

'Ok,'

The man and I stay silent. But, being a curious little girl, wanting to be friends with the strange man in my head.

'Do you like stars or clouds, or the sun?'

I waited for him to answer my questions.

{Why are you asking me this?}

'Because I want to be friends with you.'

{Even tho you don't know what I look like or what I'm about to do?}

'You didn't do anything, your just talking to me in my head.' I replied.

{Stars, } he answers.

'Why?' I can hear the man growl like a dog.

{You said if I like stars, that's it!}

'And clouds and sun.'

I added.

{Ugh, I like stars, because it's in the dark. There happy!?}

A smile appeared on my face.

'Yeah!'

The gate opens to reveal grandpa. I dashed towards him, giving him a hug of 'I miss you'. "Hello, (Y/n). Did you behave?" I nod to him. I didn't notice a boy standing behind grandpa, he had white hair that's standing up, artic blue eyes, and skin is pale.

My smile fell. "Oh, yes, this is Zane. He will be staying with us and train as a ninja." Zane smiles at me. "Hello, (Y/n). I hope we can be good friends." Zane exclaimed, yet I didn't say a word to him.

"Don't be shy to speak to me." He announced. I look at Grandpa. "Oh, I almost forgot." He turns his attention to Zane. "Zane, I forgot to tell you that she mute, so she will only write." Grandpa added. I felt scared that he won't accept me, for not speaking like a normal kid. It made me felt ashamed of myself. "I will respect that and will not force her to speak, " he looks at me, with his same smile. "And that's a promise." He promised. Slowly walked up to him, lifting my pinkie.

Zane's face held confusion. "She wants to do a pinkie promise, to keep that promise." Wu answer. Zane lifts his arm and pinkie. I wrapped my pinkie into his and Zane does the same thing. "That's a promise." Zane announces one last time.

Meeting Jay

I later became comfortable around Zane. He hasn't broken the promise that he made. In the morning, Grandpa Wu left me and Zane in the monastery. I didn't know why he left so early, however, Zane knew. It's already the afternoon. Zane is cooking lunch for me, himself, and Grandpa. I was left alone watching Zane cook food and making dessert.