Chapter 18 part 2

(Y/n)'s Pov~

I found out Cole's dad's name is Lou. Mr. Lou hands the ninjas lemon tea while I was given a Chocolate/strawberry milk box. While I sip on my milk carton, I listen to Mr. Lou's old music as I sat on Kai's lap. "Did my son tell you I broke my foot? It was the cha-cha, but I swear the percussion had it in for me." Mr. Lou explains, which made me gasp, as I wanted to hear more of his story. "No, dad, I didn't tell them about your silly stories," Cole said boardly. "Silly stories?"

Mr. Lou became offended by Cole's words. "What he meant was, we've been so busy training at the... Uh, " Kai tries to make up an excuse to not make Mr. Lou angry but couldn't remember the words of the school. "Uh, the Martha Oppenheimer. Yeah." Jay helped Kai but didn't say the right name.

"Pff-" I covered my mouth from laughing as well as to not spit out my drink from Jay's incorrect words. Mr. Lou stops the music he was playing. "Martha Oppenheimer?" Mr. Lou lifts his eyebrow in suspicious way. "What he's trying to say is the Marty Oppenheimer School of Performing Arts." Zane corrected. I silently sigh in relief and sip my drink. "Right, well- uh, see, we have this final research paper we're doing on the history of Ninjago talent, and what we wanted to know was, how can we get our hands-on the Blade Cup?"

Mr. Lou took a sip of his tea and points his stick thing to the boys.

{I'm hoping he won't ask why you're here.}

'Momo, don't jinx it.'

"You're talking about getting your hands on The Blade Cup? The most prized and heavily guarded award in all of Ninjago, the symbol of excellence in harmony and grace?" Mr. Lou did a small gesture while talking about The Blade Cup as if it was legendary. He sets his stick on the wooden floor, reminding me of grandpa Wu... Mr. Lou is the second Wu, but only that he is the sensai of music.

"You can't just get it, you must earn it." Mr. Lou explains. He stands on his couch, extending his arms out like a bird. "You have to exhibit style. Perfect pitch. Push the boundaries of artistic license and win this year's Ninjago Talent Show!" I look at the four boys. Cole, Zane, and Kai don't seem too happy while Jay is smiling big.

{He's going to fail.}

'Momo!'

I yelled internally. "Um, perhaps there's an easier way?" Mr. Lou gets down from his couch. "Is this why you came? You knew I was injured. And when my quartet insisted we shan't go on, you... Four have come to take our place. Ha, ha! Ingenious!" He didn't even let the boys answer. "My son, bringing forth the next evolution of the Royal Blacksmiths!"... I don't even know what to think. "Let me hear the sweet, sweet sound of harmony." Mr. Lou put his hand next to his ear, waiting to hear their voices sing out.

I'm sure it's not that bad. Jay jumped up and starts to sing "Harmony, " he was too excited to sing. Zane follows Jay. "Harmony, " I cringed at the terrible sync of harmony. Kai made me stand so he can stand. When he lets go of me, his arm hits my drink, having my drink slip out of my small hands. It is like time became slow as I watch my drink slowly fall onto the floor.

'*slow motion* Noooooooooo!'

"*slow motion* Harmonyyyy"

The small carton that was once filled with chocolate/strawberry milk spills on Mr. Lou's hard floor.

{W-wais-sted,}

Momo tries to keep in his laughter. I crouched down looking at my spilled drink with wide eyes.

'How could this happen to me?'

"Look, dad." Cole passes me, not even wondering if I was ok. "We just need the trophy." Kai passes by me. "Yeah. We're bringing home the gold, and we want you to train us."