"Everything is being managed Dad. You know your daughter. Are you okay though? You sounded tired." I asked him in a gentle tone. Feeling really guilty when i realized that i haven't replied to his massages that much these past few days.

I was really busy and my hands were off of the phone. Especially with all the pressure going on of being new in the modeling industry. It was hard to balance my family to work.

"I should be the one asking you that. Does the homesickness kicking in yet? Please don't forget your meds Josie. I don't want the same thing happening to you again." He says and i let out a sigh. I am really worried about him.

Maybe i should message Dean to check on him? Not to mention that Dad is living alone right now. He has no one to ask for help if he is feeling unwell!

But it was the truth tho. My dad is really healthy as a horse. He has no diseases or illness despite being in old age. And i am thankful for that but still.

"I am doing fine. I was more worried on your part. Aren't you lonely Stephen? Go and hang out with your mates and date women. You deserve to be happy Dad." I said sincerely that just made him laugh.

"Oh Josie. There is much more time in life for that! For now i want to focus on my family. And i am happy Josie. Don't worry and focus on your work!" He banters and i chuckled. I can hear Monty meowing in the background and i heard Stephen cooing to the feline.

"Is Monty still sleeping on my bed. I swear he can serve as a substitute of me when i am gone!" I said and the furry face appeared on the camera. My dad lifted him for me to see.

I laughed when i saw how uncomfortable he looked when he faced the phone. He gets my fear of hating phones either.

"Well yeah, Your bed now smells like Catnip. And i had to clean his crap on the floor and is till not potty trained that well. Wonder who's fault was it!" He sounded so problematic and started scolding the cat. I can hear her responding a meow as he does so.

"I received a message from mom by the way. She was saying something about her money in your accounts again." I said and i saw how his mood shifted. His smile dropped and i saw his lips pressed into a thin line.

So i was right. This was the thing that is bothering him. I felt bad. And i never understood why Mom treated him harshly. It was like they were never in love.

"Yes. Me and Elizabeth, Josie. We are having this difficulties about me spending her money accidentally. I swear i didn't meant to touch hers! I just got confused and now she is saying all these things to me." He tried to chuckle but failed i saw the pain on his eyes despite the screen.

"Why would you touch her money dad? You know she very frantic when it comes to those! I swear sometimes she can be very over reacting!" I responded truthfully. As i walked over the kitchen so that i could cook my breakfast.

I love my mother with all my heart. But it was the truth! Sometimes she can be arrogant and can be very heard to convince. So we tend to not do anything to push her buttons.

I decided to just prepare eggs and sausages for a small meal. Not giving the attention of the sitting salad on my freezer. What Jamie doesn't know wont kill me.

"No Josie. Elizabeth is a great person. I knew that because we spent almost twenty years together. I think she is just tired from work. I am actually worried about her. I am wondering if her husband is treating her well." He defended my mom for the hundredth time and i groaned.

There is nothing to hide. He still loves her. After 10 years he still does! And i still don't understand why. He has a choice to let go but he always keeps coming back to his old memories with her.

I was in the middle of thawing the frozen sausages when my eyes went to a long pale one that gives me familiar thoughts. My cheeks blushing. I cant believe i am having dirty thoughts right now and i am talking to my dad on the phone!

"You are losing the game already Dad. You still love her, Just admit it." I confronted him trying to take my mind off the sausages and he just gave me a small smile.

"True love never goes away Josie. It can fade but not truly erased. It only leaves an engravement on your heart. As if you belong completely to the other person." He says that made me quiet.

Starting to feel uncomfortable for the topic. Hero's face popping on my head and i quickly shook my head to get it off.

I am not even going to spend my whole rest day and think about him. It will stress me out as much as work does!

I continued cooking my eggs and sausages before i went to the fridge to grab my favorite coconut flavored yogurt to feast on while waiting! At least i am eating something healthy.

"You and your words of wonder Stephen. Starting to get old. Now can you tell me the reason why you touched her money?" I asked again now returning back to the roots of their problems.

"I swear i wasn't meant to do it Josie. I thought it was mine and i wanted to send you some money. Just in case you ran out of them." He says and i felt my heart soften. He was just worried about me.

I slowly placed down the plate of my finished breakfast to begin my meal. My camera still at my face as i chew on the sausages. Not minding the voice of the devil from the back of my head.

"Dad. You don't have to do that. Im earning my own money. You should keep yours to yourself. Please think of yourself for once." I let out a sigh. Already feeling tears in my eyes. Suddenly i just want to hug him. I missed him so much.

"Of course Josie. Everything my little model of a daughter wants!" He kids and we both shared a laugh.