Chapter 4

"Good morning Josie. How was your sleep after being drowned with alcohol and a night of partying?" My dad greets me at the morning with the same words.

I entered the kitchen with the sweet smell of waffles all over the place and im pretty sure the grey spiky fur ball Monty is liking them too, His tail wagging frantically as his pink nose sticks up on the aroma from the kitchen.

"Morning. And no hungover, I took a pill." I said and i stuck my tongue at him and he just did the same at me.

I checked my phone when i heard a new message. It was from Dean.

From Dean:

You forgot your medicine again didn't you? Not surprised. Anyway dont care, Jacob wants to see you today. Better get here early, He is extra demanding today, I think he misses you.

I was about to reply when Stephen Langford came into the scene and as always makes a warning about everything.

"No phones on the table please, Thank you." my dad demanded and almost took my phone away but i snatched it up quickly giving him teasing smile.

"Ha! Getting old Stephen, Im sorry. You cant snatch my phone anymore." I laughed and he just shook his head, A smile on his lips.

My smile disappeared when i remember i haven't told my plans yet. I silently looked at the ceiling. If i leave who is he going to be with? I mean he has Monty, But human contact is different and he will still be alone.

"Dad." I called him biting my lip not denying the fact that im nervous. They never see this coming anyway. I always say that im not into acting anymore but in fact it was still in my unaccomplished dreams.

He turned to me raising his brows. I suddenly felt sad looking at him. He looked so old. His white hair growing out and the wrinkles on his eyes as he smiles.

One of the reasons why i don't want to leave Perth for Los Angeles. My dad is all literally all I've got. I dont want to lose him either way.

"Im going back to acting. Or maybe more of that.." I announced in a straight voice and i swear i could give myself a medal at that moment. Say it proud and clear Josephine!

I watch his reaction carefully, His jaw literally dropped but i couldn't help but see the glint of happiness on his eyes.

This was an expectable reaction. Him and Mom never forget to tell me what i had been losing. And there goes acting.

Despite the circumstances, He just wanted what's the best for me. And he never thought of himself first, It was always me.

"Okay. That was a surprise, When are you leaving?" He asked after a while as he grabbed a toast from his plate to chew on.

"Jamie is going to send me the details yet tonight. But i might probably leave next week." I said slowly trying my best not to give him a heart attack. Wouldn't want to leave Perth with grief and depression.

"Alright." He plainly responded to me and i looked at him. He was chewing on his toast as he watches me. Amusement on his eyes. Until then i can tell he was proud of me.

I gave him a teasing smile and he gave up showing his teeth as he moves forward to give me a hug.

"Im so happy for you Josie." He said and i hugged him tightly. I wanted to just stay here and take care of him but i still have a dream to chase.

"Josie pics.." Jacob says as he tries to yank the phone out of my hand and i frowned at him.

"No Jacob. Thats bad, When you want something you have to ask permission first, What do i always say to you?" I frustratedly scolded him and he just let out a mischievous laugh.

The son of the devil. Literally. I gave Dean a menancing glare and he just gave me the middle finger and continued fiddling with his phone leaving me looking after his son.

"Alright fine. Just one, Okay?" I said when i felt a headache after a while of Jacob stubbornly trying to convince me.

Jamie also told me to keep up with my social media accounts because they were dead as she says. So she demanded for me to do one post or just a story.

The fear of social medias and cameras still haunts me till this day but everything to make me famous then it is what it is.

I saw how his blue eyes lit up and he shows me his set of broken teeth infested with cavities. His cheeks red and glowing and his hair yellow as hay.

This 3 year old boy can almost pass as my son. I was with him ever since the day he was born. Raising him made me closer with Dean and to his wife. Now he couldn't pass a single day not seeing me.

That might have to change.

"No, I take the pix." He demanded for the phone again and i let out a patient sigh. Sometimes i just wanted to murder this boy with kisses.

I handed him my phone and started fiddling for the camera to try on an effect from Instagram.

I was shocked when he suddenly pressed the boomerang button and he laughed at my reaction.

I almost gave him the flip flop as i watch the video. Jacob was smiling cutely at the camera and i looked so confused at the back. The blue sky on the background is so breathtaking.

"You look funny Josie!" He chuckled and i gave him a glare, a smile on my lips as he laughs.

"Oh you little rascal. Ill cook you vegetables for dinner!" I said trying to tease him and i saw how his mood change from happiness to disgust. His face green.

I just laughed as he ran to his dad almost crying to tell my nonsense while im placing a sticker on the video.

I placed a simple good morning gif sticker and added just a short caption trying my best to be careful or else Jamie will kill me if i quoted something stupid.

Sweetest little boy i could spend my days with.

Without looking back i pressed the story button and in just a few minutes there were hundreds of views and dms.

I was checking the views when i felt my breath hitched as i saw a familiar profile. And a notification came.

hero_ft and 10000 others had viewed your story.

I gulped and i know for a fact by then that he already knew i was coming back.