10

A positive feeling was felt in the castle. Nightmare scowled for a split second. Now that his brother was knocked out somewhere in the dungeons there was a more positive light to this place. Though it was not much it was enough to set Nightmare on edge. This aura of positivity is not good for something with a soul covered with darkness.

Night was approaching. The sky had turned to colors of purple and blue and star were sprinkled everywhere. The gloomy castle was filled with the moons light.

It was truly gorgeous outside. He walked out into the courtyard and took in the sight. Plant life manifested itself to try bring some life to the decaying place. Though the plants could only last so long Nightmare always made sure to get more. The silence was peaceful. The green leaves on the trees near the old statues were serene in a sense as the wind blew before settling down.

A clatter of noises was heard from inside the castle. Nightmare groaned in annoyance before teleporting back inside his castle to check on the idiots he housed.

He located the skeletons in the dining room. The place was a mess. What was once a pristine mint condition place was covered in food, spilled drinks, and crumbs. Nightmare was infuriated. The color of the castle changed into a darker shade of what it was before, a blue purple.

The Papyrus guards walking around seem to notice this slight change and headed out the room to avoid the injury of a sudden rage. All what was left was an irate Nightmare, three skeletons filled with fear, and Error playing around with his strings.

"Would any of you mind saying why the hell my carpet is stained with your food?" Nightmare said in a bitter tone. His tentacles were positioned in a way as if waiting to strangle the perpetrator of the act.

"Well, you see Nightmare-" Killer tried to explain before being interrupted by Error.

"These mistakes had a fight for food." Error spoke nonchalantly still playing around with his strings.

Nightmare felt all the Sanses grow a bit of fear in them. They were all watching him intently waiting for him to do something. But nothing happened just a deep sigh before he began to speak.

"Now." He paused momentarily to add effect, "I want all of you to clean this place up and leave it how it was before you trashed the place." Nightmare looked at Error waiting for him to notice but as usual he did not pay attention to Nightmare. "And Error."

Error lifted his skull to look at the goop covered skeleton with apathy written all over his face.

"You have to help them too." Nightmare smirked feeling a sense of revenge.

Error groaned at the task and sent a cold glare to Nightmare. "You're lucky I'm only here for the food."

Error's blue scarf trailed behind him as he threatened the other Sanses to pick up their mess.

The gloomy castle became a bit less dark as Nightmare cooled off a bit. He was sitting on his throne for 3 solid minutes staring off into the distance before remembering he had prisoners.

"Guards." Nightmare called in a commanding voice.

The Papyrus guards on cue shuffled into the room. Fear was inscribed on all of their faces yet they tried to hide it.

"Take the scraps of food and feed the prisoners in the dungeons." Nightmare ordered. "Make sure the girl gets the best."

The guards all nodded in unison not wanting to fight knowing what he was capable of. They grabbed what was said and left the room as fast as they could.

"Make sure the girl gets the best." A mocking voice whispered behind him only for it to be followed with a glitchy chuckle.

"What the hell do you want Error?" Nightmare spat with annoyance recognizing the destroyer, "Aren't you supposed to be helping the others clean?"

"Oh me?" He pointed to himself. "Not much, I just want an explanation. Plus I already got them to finish."

"About what?" Nightmare questioned raising a brow ignoring the last part regarding the cleaning.

" I dunno. Maybe an explanation for....What that stupid anomaly is to you?" Error answered in a tone that was grating to Nightmare's non-existent ears.

Nightmare's breath hitched before quickly answering, "That is none of your damn business."

Error's glitchy laughter filled the room. "Holy fuck. That is. Hilarious. "

Nightmare glared at the destroyer.

"That's so funny. Of course its my business. I have nothing better to do and you still need to answer my question." Error said wiping a tear from his eye.

Nightmare scoffed before leaving the room. He mumbled incoherent threats to himself while walking.

"Just letting you know! I'm not leaving you alone until I get answers!" Error yelled from across the hall.

Nightmare ignored him and went off into the courtyard once again.

Error watched from a distance thinking about how he'd get his answers that he wanted.
"If Nightmare won't give me a straight answer then I'll just have to ask the source.".

Error teleported to the dungeons.

Y/n had woken up. She rubbed her eyes and looked around.
"Still dark." She talked to herself.

She slouched on the wall and hummed a familiar tune waiting for something to happen. She wished she could at least have contact with someone.

Still humming she heard footsteps coming closer. Fear built up inside her. As the footsteps got louder, y/n did her best to remain composed.

Once the footsteps stopped she looked up to see the glitch himself, Error.
She stared at him for a few seconds before asking, "what do you want?"

Error looked slightly surprised but responded anyway. "Very rude, but thanks for asking, Not much."

"Not much. Didn't expect that from you considering..." Y/n trailed off not wanting to get hurt if she finished that sentence knowing it could her into more trouble.

"Heh." Error paused laughing to himself. " I got questions."

"Oh that's bold of you to assume I'd answer them." Y/n commented sitting down on the floor to try and get away from the world.

"Jeez. No need to be so rude. You're just like Nightmare." Error remarked.

"Nightmare?" Y/n looked at Error in confusion.

"I came here to ask questions because Nightmare didn't want to answer me." Error explained.

"No kidding. But why are you asking me. What about Dream? He's here somewhere in here." Y/n interjected.

"They're about you and Nightmare." Error said trying to pry Y/n to talk.

"Why do you wanna know that?" Y/n asks before the sound of clattering bones was heard.

A papyrus guard looked at the two in confusion. Error gave a glare making the guard give the food scraps and get out of the situation as fast as possible.

Error inspected the plate on the floor before speaking. "Let's make a deal. I'll give you better food if you give me answers."

Looking at the pathetic scraps of "food" Y/n agreed to the deal. She passed the scraps to Error who teleported away to get something better.

Shortly after, Y/n was looking at the gorgeous sight of (insert favorite food). She drooled a bit in admiration of the smell and possible taste before eating the food rapidly.

Error stood from a distance sporting a look of disgust watching Y/n eat like a pig eating its slop.

After finishing Y/n told Error she would only answer one question. This made Error think for a moment before asking the first question that popped into his mind.

"Alright I have one." Error said. "What is Nightmare to you?"

Y/n's face softened as she spoke thinking of the best words to describe Nightmare.
" Nightmare was my best friend."