Part 4 "There's No Other Way"

I started off my day fairly normal the next morning, a few classes had gone by and none with Damon. I was walking directly to my next class until I felt a slight tap on my shoulder. Turning around to find Alex.
"We had fun the other day didn't we?" he spoke with a grin on his face. He was quite tall, something that I hadn't had noticed before. He was wearing a tight green jumper and his eyes were almost covered by his dark hair.
I smiled at him a bit confused. Did he think we were friends now?
" I presume we did yes" I said back to him. He just stood there maybe trying to think of what else to say.
"You've got biology too?" he asked giving a look to the book that was on my hand.
"Oh yeah that's where I'm heading" I said to him and noticed that we were walking together now.
"Look I know our relationship hasn't been the best with you but I don't hate you, actually I don't think Graham does either" he clarified walking right beside me.
"We aren't friends with Graham" I said. He gave me a confused look.
"We?" he asked.
"We as in Damon and I" I replied opening the door to the classroom, without much notice we sat together by a corner.
"Oh that wanker" Alex said harshly. I rolled my eyes instantly and punched his arm.
"Ouch you bitch" he said rubbing his arm in response.
"I don't understand what's your problem with Damon" I said looking at him.
"Look, you're different than Damon you could do better than him" he said. Now that made me even more confused.
"I'm not going out with Damon" I responded quickly brushing any idea of him off. We had no chance to be together.
"Oh I see" Alex said with a wide smile. I sat there in silence until the class began. Often times I felt Alex's eyes on me and on the notes I was taking. It just made me a tidy uncomfortable but I got through it until the class was finished.
It was now lunch time and I had not seen Damon all day. It felt a bit better to not hear him talk about Olivia but nonetheless I missed him.
I ended up eating lunch by myself, I knew I could go find Alex and sit with him but I chose to be alone for the rest of the day until class was over. I walked to my dorm room and found a note on the handle.
"Meet me in the rehearsal room after school - Damon" I could barely read the note with his messy hand written. I left my stuff on the counter beside my bed and headed to the rehearsal room, the room was empty. There was just a piano and damon was playing it carelessly. I walked up to him and smiled.
"How's the practice going where's Olivia?" I asked.
"Oh she's just left to the bathroom should be coming back soon" he replied still playing the piano.
"It's going amazing" he continued "But I spoke to her about the plan and she is very excited" he smiled "I thought you might as well come to the practice so you can meet properly."
"Yeah that's great Damon" I said. Right as I was gonna open my mouth to speak again the door opened. Olivia came right in.
"Hi Jenny" she said as she stood next to the piano and leaning onto it. Damon instantly couldn't keep his eyes off of her. "So I heard about this very interesting story about Gra" she spoke grinning. She was wearing a small top with sleeves and a mini skirt. She had this french look that reminded me of Jane Birkin. "Damon told me everything" she continued. I turned my head to Damon and he just shrugged his shoulders.
"So you're interested?" I asked right away.
"Well since Damon is been so sweet to me" she smiled. I wanted to physically puke. But I didn't want to appear rude again in front of her or Damon would be seriously pissed at me.
"Alright then our plan is to steal Grahams bag but he can't notice" I said to her, she leaned even more onto the piano, at this point she was basically on top of it.
"We got to find a similar bag, his is black isn't it?" she said.
"Yeah it is black quite wore off though he takes it everywhere" I replied.
"A dirty old bag is what we need" Olivia finished.
I walked right back to my dorm leaving Damon and Olivia alone to finish up the practice. It wasn't as bad as I imagined. Finally I got into my bed and my thoughts were going crazy over the situation. Maybe it would be smarter to give up Damon and give Alex a chance.
But no, Alex and I was the silliest idea that could come to mind. And he never showed any interest in me before the "incident". I ended up falling asleep after finishing my school work.
I woke up rather late the next morning 8:05 the classes had already begun but I had no desire in getting up. I shut my eyes and opened them again lazily getting into the shower.
"Fuck" I whispered looking at the clock I had already missed 2 classes I jumped to put on anything that I found. I ended up wearing a black dress with some black socks and boots. I ran through the hallways and yes I was just in time for my Language class I entered and found an empty seat near the front. I needed to pay attention on this one. Lazily I picked up my bag and grabbed a notebook to write in. Glazing up my notebook I noticed Olivia sitting next to me. Interesting. I continued with my stuff until she decided to end the silence.
"So how is your day going?" surprisingly she was nicer than I thought.
"I'm actually doing amazing thank you, what about you?" I asked back now curiosity was in my brain. Her smile slowly vanished as I asked her how she was. I freaked out a little bit, did I say something wrong?
"Are you okay?" I asked again. She looked down at her table and shook her head.
"My boyfriend and I had an ugly fight" she said quietly to me. Oh she had a boyfriend?
"Oh dear I'm sorry" I said now really feeling like an arse for thinking of her so rudely. "Do you want to talk about it?" I asked her, she nodded but then the teacher came in and we had to sit in silence. I looked at her and she had a long sad look on her face. Underneath the table I reached out to grab her hand and it was cold as ice. I now wondered what her stupid boyfriend had done to her?
We waited for the class to be over when she told me about what had happened.
"Wait your boyfriend is Liam? Liam Gallagher?" I asked. Liam was infamous for putting up fights across the school.
"He was so angry I asked Damon to play the piano for my presentation but he doesn't understand!" she exclaimed frustrated. "He said why couldn't you just ask me? He can't play a damn instrument for God's sake!" I couldn't help but to hide my obvious laugh. That was hilarious.
She ended up laughing too.
"He's so difficult but I love him" she finished and I understood completely.
"Hey if he doesn't trust you to be around someone else he doesn't deserve you" I said, maybe I needed to take my own advice. She nodded as I gave her a hug. It felt nice to have a girl friend since Damon was basically my only one.
"I see it and I don't believe it" we heard a voice behind our backs. Graham.
"What do you want now?" I said to him.
"For you to get off the gorgeous lady here" he spoke referring to Olivia. I stood up and pushed him to the wall but I wasn't strong enough to make him move so he laughed.
Olivia stood up as well but called Graham out. " I didn't know you were such an arse" she said leaving Graham shocked he thought she would jump into his arms but he was wrong.
She walked right away. And I did too leaving a defeated Graham behind.

Our plan seemed to have one more purpose than just a laugh.