What's going on?

"Did you plan all of these?"

Emerald flinched when she heard Yosef deep voice behind her.

"Ekkkkk? Can you speak when you are behind me? Are you a ghost?"

"The Golden Hawk Eyed Squadron just swear their loyalty to you. How are you worthy of them?"

Emerald exaggeratedly exhale.

"How would I know what's going on their head? Anyways, do not suddenly appear behind me? Ninja? Are you a ninja?"

"Wait!"

"Hmm?"

"Is this the reason why Sir Randy wants me to follow you? He wants me to know who your allies and how I can best use it to my advantage?"

"Just so we are clear. I have no reason to do whatever you want me to do."
Turn around.

"What? Don't you know what I just discovered? Being kneeled like that...It is already enough for me to see your worth!" Yosef eyes are shining.

"That's why I told you not to expect anything."

"Why?"

"Cause I will not let anyone be used for some royalties advantage."

Yosef smiles.
"I know what you are afraid of. I will not make them work for me for nothing. Prestige, power and dominance. I will surely create those in their favor."

Emerald looks at Yosef and then her eyes become heavy.

"Like I said. No one is using anyone."

"Then what use are you to me?"
Yosef angrily shouted.

Emerald looks straight at his eyes.

"That is your problem."

She walks slowly but she never turn around again.

Yosef angrily grips his fist and clenched his teeth.

'She is too young. Doesn't even know what politics is. She will change her mind once she tasted what it means to have dominance and power.'

"Princess!"
Ansley runs to Emerald and kneeled in one knee.

"Ansley, stop doing that." Emerald sighs and flicked his forehead.

"Princess Emerald,"

"Hello Everyone."

"Princess!"

"Hi. We bring your orders."
Emerald smirks.
"Thanks for your patronage."

Zoe pushes the frozen Yosef.
"What?" Yosef said as he is shaking off the goosebumps in his shoulder.

"How many times are you going to freeze innthe side? Help out." Zoe said.

"I am Princess guard!" Yosef pride won't let him do a menial job.

"Even the Princess is helping. Even Sir Ansley is helping. You think so highly of yourself. Who are you exactly?" Zoe angrily frowns.

"Stop. Don't always fight. Let him do what he wants." Jess said and pull Zoe away.

Yosef is left alone.

It is like there is a separate space between him and the other side.

Emerald is helping distributing the food with Ansley, the Black knight Captain.
There are laughing and easy going conversation left and right.

'So the black knights can also act like this.'
He thought they are always serious.
Since they always face danger in daily basis, he thought it is just normal to have stoic expressions.