Chapter 11

Rick ditched me for his friends to go camping and Karina had photoshoot in Spain for her new clothing collection. I tapped on the intercom to reach for Randall, "Daddy Randall, Where are you? Do you want to hang out with me?

The intercom buzzed back. Randall chuckled, "How can I say no to hanging out with you? Come up to the weapon room,"

"Aye captain," I said. Randall left the door wide open and was examining some vest. I jumped on him, "What are you doing?"

He smiled, holding me as my feet find its way back on the ground, "Going hunting."

"Hunting?!" My eyes gleamed. I know the Howards always go hunting and track Diana. Randall glanced at me and then narrowed his eyes, "Am I going to babysit you today?"

I nodded, excited. "Please!"

He sighed, "Grab a vest, in there."

I ran into the room and stopped right in tracks when I saw stacks of guns, arranged neatly from racks to racks. Randall walked in with his smart vest which looked extremely hot on him.

He chuckled, "Relax. It's not loaded. Come on, put it on." He threw a vest to me and picked a long gun. I looked at him warily as he double checked the gun safety.

I gulped at the scene of him handling a gun. He walked to me, fastened my vest and then looked down to my boots, "Oh, fully prepared."

I clapped my hands excitedly, "Let's go!"

••••

Randall brought me to the woods behind Dream Lake, guiding me step by step.

"Will we see Diana?" I asked, stepping onto the hidden path with Randall. He holding onto my hand, helped me up from a slope, "If we are lucky. She's good in hiding."

"What if we see her?"

"Then we will shot."

I gasped, shocked that he said that. He chuckled, "Air gun, El. If she attacks, we shoot into the air. But I doubt that. She will only appear when Rick is here. She likes him more."

I pouted, "Should have get Rick with us."

He glanced at me, hurt plastered on his face, "Oh."

I nudged him, "I'm just kidding. Don't be jealous,"

He rolled his eyes. I asked, "Are there any other animals here?"

Randall helped me up a slope and said, "Yeah. Lots of wild life here. Always go to the lake for a drink."

"And they don't go to S.Angel or Dream Lake?"

Randall smirked, "We have security systems and cameras. Most of the wild life stay away from S.Angel and Dream Lake. And, apparently Diana is looking out for us."

I waited for him to continue. Randall directed me to the river bank and placed his gun down. "We once had hyenas running around. We got our guns ready then we heard Diana's scream. Hyenas immediately ran away."

I smiled, joining him by the river, "I want to meet her one day,"

"Rick said Diana is our guardian angel," Randall stripped. Literally stripped, I screamed, "What are you doing?!"

He smirked, "Is not like you never seen this before, El. I'm going for a dip."

"You are crazy!" I looked away when he unbuckled his belt. He chuckled, "It's cooling down there. Want to join?" He stripped till his boxer and jumped into the water.

I dropped my jaw, he is not kidding. When he resurfaced, he looked for me and gave me a knee-buckling smile, "Come in, get in. You won't regret it,"