Chapter 16

My wedding is in three weeks time. Karina didn't allow me to try on my wedding gown until wedding day itself. She said it's a surprise for Rick and I.

Karina barged into the entertainment room in S.Angel where Rick and Randall are playing pool while I paint. Hands on her hips, she said, "Dream Lake needs revamping,"

"Dream Lake doesn't need a makeover, Rina," Rick said, hitting the white ball into the gutter. Randall laughed, "Oh, wow, nice shot."

Rick groaned as Randall resets the table. Karina huffed, impatient, "I went in Dream Lake just now to grab my things. The couch is peeling off. And, that reminded me that your mattress need to get replaced!"

Rick sighed, "That, I'll have to admit, its true. We need to get the mattress replaced, El." Rick joined me by my area, kissed the top of my head, "What do you say? Shall we get it replaced?"

I nodded, "My back been aching," Rick sends me suggestive look. I smacked his arm, "I haven't been sleeping well,"

Randall pretended he's not listening in, playing with his phone. Karina folded her arms, "Randall, you are following them. Then get your dinner fixed outside. Mum and Tricia went cake tasting."

Randall frowned and looked at Rick and I. I nodded, "Let's go, Randall."

••••

Randall brought us to his regular shop. Rick and Randall are talking to Fred while I look around. I brushed my fingers over a smooth and well-craved dining table.

Rick wrapped his arms around me, "Like this?"

"It's beautiful."

Rick chuckled, "I didn't know you like vintage."

"Everyone loves vintage, Rick. How's the talk?"

"Fred will give us half the price since he knows Randall. And, I helped him to get his shop back once. He will give us free delivery as well."

I turned to Rick, "You didn't tell me about this."

Rick shrugged, "It's an easy one hour case. I got it settled in office."

"That's my man," I smiled at his working capabilities. Rick beamed, raising his head up, demanding a kiss. I kissed him and Randall cleared his throat, "Anything caught your eyes?"

Rick smiled, "Yeah," He looked at me, "It's right here."

I stifled a smile and Randall rolled his eyes, turning away from us and started choosing his own things.

I wrapped my arms around his, "Let's quickly get this done. I'm hungry."

••••

We decided on our favourite restaurant at Harry's Deli. Our food arrived and I saw the cucumbers in my food. I flinched, unknowingly.

Rick raised his eyebrow, "What's wrong babe?"

Randall glanced at me and then down my food, he picked his plate up and exchanged with me. I gave him a grateful smile and he said, "El doesn't like cucumbers."

Rick stiffened beside me, I could almost feel the instant emotion change between the brothers. Rick snorted, "Yeah? I didn't know that,"

Randall turned to his brother, "Now you know,"

Randall made it seems like he is challenging Rick. Feeling threatened, Rick placed his utensils down. "I don't need you to tell me what my fiancée like or dislike, Randall. Draw a fucking damn line," Rick grabbed my hand and left the restaurant.