Chapter 22

August

Randall is watching Eleanor painting a picture of Rick and Diana, side by side. He'd admit, she is such a great artist. Eleanor had stayed with him. After pouring his heart and soul out, Eleanor agreed to stay. She don't have to promise him a lifetime commitment, he just need the woman he love stay in his life and let him love her instead.

She is healing. He can see it in her eyes. Sometimes when Eleanor looks at him, he swear he could see the spark lighting up in her eyes again.

No matter how long it takes, he will wait. He will wait till the day where Eleanor open up her heart to him again.

Eleanor stopped painting for a minute and she gasped. Randall rushed to her, "What's wrong?"

Eleanor grabbed his hand, checked the time, "Twenty minutes, Randall. It's getting closer. Grab the bag,"

Randall ran. He ran to her room, fished the bag that he packed a few weeks ago, sling it over his shoulder as he dialled Dr. Mario's number, "We are coming in. She is having contractions. Twenty minutes apart,"

"Okay, we are ready for her," Dr. Mario said. Randall disconnected the call, went to the painting room to get Eleanor to the car. He dialled his sister after he settled Eleanor in the car.

"Randall," Eleanor grabbed his hand, tight, "Its hurting!"

"Hang in there, baby. We are reaching in five minutes," Randall cursed under his breath, allowing Eleanor to dig her nails into his arm.

••••

"One more time, Eleanor. You are doing great," Mario said. Great my ass, I thought. I took a deep breath, gripping Randall's hand so tightly that I thought I was going to break his hand.

Randall kissed my forehead, "One last time, babe. One more,"

With my remaining strength, I gave a last push. Then I heard the baby crying. Mario held up the baby, wrapped it with blanket, "What a beautiful baby boy,"

Tears welling up when they passed the baby into my arms. I glanced at Randall and smiled, "Come here, Randall,"

Randall obeyed, leaned in closer to us. I smiled, "Say hi to Ryder Maverick Howard,"

Randall stared at me, "Ryder? Really?"

I smiled, "Want to hold Ryder?"

Randall hesitated. I passed Ryder to him, "Go and say hello to daddy." Randall looked like he was going to cry. He sat beside me and cradle the baby in his arms, "Hi, Ryder. Nice to meet you, buddy,"

Looking at both Randall and the baby, a satisfied smile crept up on me. Randall grabbed my hand, placed his lips on my wedding band. That small gesture send fireworks to my heart.