Chapter 18

Karina had once again, impressed me with her make up skills and the wedding gown that she designed for me, is the most beautiful gown I've ever seen.

It's in my favourite material, satin. It hug all my curves perfectly. The edges are lined up with diamonds. Karina set my hair into a low bun with a simple diamond headband, waiting for my mum to put the veil on for me.

My mum walked in and stopped in her tracks. I glanced at her, "Come in."

She looked at me, tears welling up in her eyes, "You look beautiful, El."

"Thanks, mum,"

Karina passed the veil to mum and she said, "Last step, Tricia."

Mum took over the veil and put it over my hair. Karina did some adjustment and she looked at Tricia, "You got something to give it to El?"

Mum bit her lips and produced a silver bracelet for me, "It's just a gift from your dad to me during wedding day. I thought I should give it to you."

This is the first time mum talked about dad after the accident. I could felt my tears threatening to escape. I blinked it back, holding my hand up, "Can you wear it for me?"

Mum sighed, taking my hand and cuffing the bracelet on me. "It looks better on you. Your dad will be so damn proud of you,"

••••

Randall stood beside his brother and laughed at how Rick is trying to hide his nervousness. "Chill, Maverick."

"She's late." Rick said.

"Here she is." Randall said as the music came on.

When Eleanor is walking down the aisle, Randall almost forgot he is not the one marrying her. Randall nails were digging into his palms, his heart was beating erratically as he watched someone he love, walking down the aisle in a beautiful wedding dress, towards him.

He will never forget this image. Ever.

It could have been him.

She could be walking towards him, if he did what he should have done years ago.

On the other side, Rick held his breath as he watched the love of his life walking towards him. He held his hand out for her, watching as she placed her hand in his.

••••

"Mr. and Mrs. Howard, I am your pilot, James Miller. Please sit tight and enjoy the flight to Maldives."

I gasped, turning to Rick, flipping through the guests note. "MALDIVES?!"

Rick grinned, "I heard you Mrs. Howard."

I grabbed his face and kissed him all over.

Rick planned the whole honeymoon trip. He didn't reveal a single detail on where we are going, what are we doing for months. He packed the luggage for me. I smiled at his thoughtfulness, "Shouldn't you bribe the pilot to not reveal the destination and keep it a secret until we arrived?"

"Oh, believe me, I tried." Rick said, grinning, "But well, James is stubborn as hell, he said its protocol. Need to put in record, yadi yada. Ruined everything,"

I laughed, cuddling up to him. My heart swells up for my husband. "You did great, Rick. I love you, Mr Howard."

"I love you more, Mrs. Howard."

••••

Maldives is exactly what I've seen on the internet. I am taking in the fresh air after our long flight. My arms linked around Rick's as we make our way to our huts.

Rick told me to take a nap first while he unpack our stuff. I watched my husband back view as he walked around, taking care of our things. I felt an overwhelming happiness washing over me.

Rick turned and saw I was staring at him, "Are you trying to seduce me or something? Stop distracting me with your insanely beautiful smile,"

I wrapped my arms around his neck and made him joined me in bed, "Unpack later,"

Rick's eyes were filled with so much love. It was so blinding just by looking into his eyes. My heart clenched at the fact that Randall and I had kissed behind his back, a day before our wedding. I wanted it out of my chest. I didn't want to hide anything from my husband.

"Rick,"

Rick looked at me and frowned, "What's wrong? Are you feeling sick? Do you need me to get the doctor?"

My tears welled up. He is too goddamn perfect.

"What's wrong baby? You are scaring me. Talk to me." He looked at me, brushing my hair off. I bit my lips, "I need to tell you something,"

He nodded, taking my hands. I took a deep breath and told him everything about happened with Randall. After I was done, Rick sighed, "I know,"

I raised my eyebrow. He continued, "I know everything, El. Randall told me, you made your peace with him. How can I be mad over this? You made your decision, you said your goodbyes. And you're here." He kissed the wedding band on my finger.

"Eleanor, you have the biggest heart to be able to contain so much love for us. It's not your fault for feeling this way. If there is a need to blame on someone, blame it on me. I was selfish. I didn't care about anyone's feeling. I am so in love with you that I'm willing to betray my brother. Thank you for telling me, El. You have no idea how much it meant to me. It shows me that you're putting all your trust into me. I love you, Eleanor. Nothing will and nothing can ever change how I feel for you."