A New Day

3rd Person POV

A week had gone by since the incident with Midoryia. Mr. Aizawa decided that it would be best for Midoryia if he was not visited during his recovery period, despite the class's objections. It was Monday morning, the start of a new week of school and the entire class was nervous. They were told Midoryia would be joining them today, but that he was a bit fragile compared to how he used to be.

  The class wasn't sure what that was supposed to mean but agreed that they would be there for Midoryia. As the bell rang for class to start, everyone quickly went to their seats and watched as Aizawa walked to the podium in the front of the class.

He cleared his throat before he began talking. "As many of you know, Midoryia is physically healthy enough to return back to class. However, the quirk that was used on him has taken a toll on his mind, replacing memories and distorting certain aspects of his personality. So please, show some patience with him."

The class nodded in agreement, but the way that Aizawa was talking about him made them worry even more. Aizawa walked back over towards the door and opened it. He was talking softly to the person outside but none of the students could make out what he was saying.

Aizawa pulled away from the entrance and stepped out of the way as Midoryia slowly creeped through the door. He looked like he hadn't slept in days. His irises were still a vibrant orange color but now he had heavy bags under his eyes. His hair was a mess as well and he looked a little skinnier than before.

"Good-morning Deku." Uraraka said cheerfully, trying to break the silence in the room. Midoryia flinched when she spoke, as if he was scared of his own classmate. Uraraka looked hurt by Midoryia's reaction but decided to let it slide. Midoryia smiled softly back at the class before replying softly, "Good morning."

He quickly walked to his seat, refusing to look at anyone. The others looked at each other with a mix of confusion and worry in their eyes. Bakugo turned around in his seat to face Midoryia. "Hey nerd, are you feeling any better since the last time we went to check on you?"

Midoryia's soft, shy expression suddenly hardened as he looked up at Bakugo. His eyes shot daggers towards him. "Like you care anyways Katsuki." Midoryia replied flatly, leaning back in his seat. It was as if he was a completely different person compared to who he was just a few moments earlier. Bakugo looked at him in confusion along with the rest of the class.

"Oh shit." Mineta mumbled to himself, loving the drama. It always brought him joy when the top students argued with each other. Asui slapped the back of his head with her tongue, making him whine softly.

"Katsuki?" Bakugo replied, his voice sounded angry but his eyes showed he was hurt. What the fuck happened to Bakugo? Or KACCHAN?

Midoryia looked him up and down before staring, "That's your name isn't it?" Uraraka put her hand on Midoryia's shoulder, snapping him out of his mood. He flinched at her touch, so she quickly lifted her hand off of him.

"Deku? Are you okay?" Uraraka asked he softly. He looked up at her slowly before nodding.

"Y-yeah, I'm sorry." He quickly looked back down at the ground.

"Hey don't sweat it man, we get it." Kirishima said from the back of the room, the class all agreed with him.

"Yeah dude, you've been through a lot." Kaminari added. Midoryia's face softened as he listened to his classmates reassure him.