Stronger

After Jaemin exited through his office door, Jaehyun was left to contemplate what had just happened.

Had he really misjudged Y/N this much? All this time, he assumed that if she wasn't working with Wayv, that she'd probably cause problems for them, threatening to expose them unless she got whatever amount of money, she needed to keep her mouth shut. Yet here she was, not only choosing to forgo making any requests for newer and better things but actively refusing them as well.

It was enough to baffle Jaehyun to the point of complete frustration.

What was it she wanted? Was it possible she didn't want anything except for to go home? To be safe from Wayv's grasp?

Jaehyun felt a strong urge to leave his office, the walls of which seemed to be closing in on him. He wondered if perhaps a walk would clear his head and allow him to organize his thoughts, but as he wandered through the halls, the weight of his actions finally hit him.

What have I done?

Images of Y/N's first night at the estate crept into the front of his mind, but before he could really weigh the impact of his actions, he remembered seeing his sister, naked and shoved into a box that was left on their doorstep.

He shook the image from his mind and buried it along with any feelings of guilt that threatened to arise.

He couldn't let his emotions get the best of him. After all, there was still a chance that Y/N was working with Wayv.

"Hey, boss."

Too distracted by his thoughts, Jaehyun had unknowingly walked past the security room where Taeil had set up. Having been woken up from his thoughts, Jaehyun entered the room through the open doorway. Monitors showing live footage of Y/N's room seemed to make up most of the room's light with the exception of Taeil's empty laptop screen. Taeil was holding a mug filled with either coffee or tea, Jaehyun didn't bother to ask which.

"What's she doing?" He inquired, taken aback by the images displayed on the monitors.

"Working out, I assume," Taeil answered not sounding so sure himself.

"Why is she so... bad at it?"

They both watched in silence, suffering from secondhand embarrassment as footage of your first attempt at doing a push up since middle school gym played across multiple screens.

"Why is she- What is she-" Jaehyun couldn't even figure out what to ask, giving up halfway through each unfinished inquiry.

"I don't know but this has been going on for the last half hour. I was getting some work done since I didn't really wanna watch her cry, but when she started doing jumping jacks all of a sudden, I couldn't really look away," Taeil reported, looking visibly uncomfortable.

Jaehyun tore his eyes from the screen and returned his gaze to Taeil.

"Crying?"

Taeil returned to his laptop, quickly reopening a dark colored window with past recordings of Y/N's room. After muting the current footage, Taeil brought up footage timestamped 1:34, roughly ten minutes after Jaehyun left the kitchen with Jaemin.

Several cameras were installed to ensure there were no blind spots in the room, but the camera that produced this specific footage only provided coverage of the bed and some of the floor surrounding it. For the first few seconds, the room seemed to be empty of any life, until the sound of a door opening was projected from a nearby speaker and Y/N entered the screen's image. She climbed onto the mattress, wrinkling the neatly made bedspread and sat there silently staring off God knows where. Jaehyun and Taeil watched as Y/N grabbed a pillow and held it tightly against her. She began to cry, occasionally reaching up to wipe away the tears that streamed down her bruised cheeks.