Wakey Wakey

"If you lose sight of what you are free
I have to look at my closed eyes
If you look through the cloudy glass
The voice calls me, Come over"

                     -Wakey Wakey by NCT 127

♠️♥️♣️♦️♠️♥️♣️♦️♠️♥️♣️♦️♠️♥️♣️♦️
Quick trigger warning: mild violence.

Gasp!

My breathing was heavier than it had ever been.

I had had nightmares before but nothing like that.

Although I would have liked to have said that I was relieved it was over, based on my surroundings, it seemed like the real nightmare was only just beginning.

I was lying on the ground in a strange position. The headache from my dream was still present, but I could barely notice it since now my cheekbone felt like I was punched in the face. I tried to look around, but something was severely limiting my ability to move my neck.

Even though my face was in immense pain, the side that hurt was also the side that was laying on the frozen ground. The cold felt nice on my pained cheek. I allowed myself to enjoy the feeling since I was unable to do anything else at the moment.

"What was that?" A muffled voice came from above.

Remembering the situation that I was in caused me to panic. I couldn't move but I managed to look down at my body. I was tied to chair with a combination of rope and chains, as if somebody somehow thought that one or the other would not suffice in binding me.

The chair explained why my body was in such a weird position, but I was surprised as to why I hadn't noticed it before. I might have been mostly naked, but the room was so cold that my body felt numb to the old wooden chair that was now digging into my side.

The room was dark, not that I could move enough to look around it, but still it was so dark I could barely see past my knees.

The sound of hurried footsteps came from the ceiling.

I must be in a basement.

Motivated by the increasing volume of footsteps, I harshly wriggled around hoping to break free or even loosen my ties, forgetting that chains couldn't be loosened.

Creak!

A door opens and light fills the room.

My eyes bulge then squeeze shut again.

I hear the creaks of stairs as more than one pair of feet walk down them.

"Well, well, well. Looks like the mouse tried to break free from her trap," a deep unfamiliar voice teased.

A chill traveled down my spine, but I kept my eyes closed.

"Did you think you could somehow break the chair if you knocked yourself over?"

"Is she still asleep?" a different voice inquired.

My breathing hitched slightly. The new voice triggered memories of the belligerent blonde you had watched hit on countless waitresses.

"Dumbass, How could she still be asleep after falling on her face?"

"Maybe she knocked herself out again?" Mark defended.

"You've been working in this field long enough to know that only back of the head, and side temple traumas can knock somebody out cold. This bitch probably just smashed her cheekbone at most," the other man groaned.

Despite closed eyes, I could picture the annoyance felt by the unfamiliar voice.

"Then why are her eyes closed?" Mark whined.