The 7th Sense

"I'm still going somewhere
To an unknown place, to an unknown hall
I'm spending most of my time
At a place that's uncomfortable even after several nights, like an explorer
And that is a long ass ride
Mindlessly going around until I close my eyes
I'm doubting this moment, between dreams and reality
I have something else to check, just like you right now"

-NCT U The 7th Sense

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

I stop in my tracks. My mind feels like it should be racing but no thoughts are forming. My heart feels heavy in my chest and all of a sudden, the energy in the room becomes... hostile.

"I asked you a question."

I slowly turn my body towards the deep husky voice, making sure that my towel is still covering my waifish body.

I hadn't realized before when I had entered, but the bathroom was connected to a bedroom. Examining the bedroom, I noticed that everything in the room had a masculine yet tasteful vibe to it. The décor was mostly made up of light greys, whites, and blacks with the occasional burgundy detailing. Overall the room was spotless, with not a single piece of furniture or knick-knack out of place. It almost looked as if I were looking at a picture in a magazine.

The bedroom was just as, if not more impressive than the first room I had seen while Lucas had ushered me inside the great estate. The contrasting sizes between the two rooms had me wondering if I entered the house through a door other than the front door.

Perhaps Lucas had brought me into the house through the servant's room, but no, that wouldn't make sense because there were no servants inside of the room. In fact, besides the chauffer, who has barely shot a glance my way was the only servant I had seen. There had to be other servants. This house is way too big for Lucas to upkeep by himself, and it wasn't like he couldn't afford the help. He did mention that the maids would be out picking up new clothes for me to wear, but that job shouldn't take more than two people to accomplish. So, where was everybody?

Looking around the room, my eyes looked everywhere studying every inch and corner of the room except for the bed, the source of the voice, which my eyes were purposely avoiding. Despite my best efforts not to, I could still see a shirtless Lucas lying on the bed with his arms propping him up to face me.

"Y/N, What's wrong? Why won't you look at me?" Lucas inquires while lifting his body up into a proper sitting position.

"I-I um... I'm sorry. I didn't mean to walk in on you while you were changing." I answered, knowing full well that the shirtless man in front of me was not in any hurry to put on a new shirt.

Oh no. What is he trying to pull?

My mind started cursing itself.

Of course, this is what would happen. There is no reason why any stranger would actually want to help you just for the sake of it. God! Why am I so fucking stupid? This is all my fault. I don't fucking deserve to be seen as anything more than an object. Fuck! Get it together. How are you going to get out of this?

Tears started to stream down my face, but I was too distracted by my thoughts to notice.

"Hey. Why are you crying?" Lucas got up from the bed and started to approach me.

I froze.

No! Not now Y/N! You can't freeze now; you have to get out of here!

With each footstep Lucas took towards me, my mind drifted off farther and farther.

Why can't I think? Why can't I move? Why can't... I.... Why can't.

Soon my thoughts got patchier and patchier, almost as if my soul were leaving my body.

My mind went bank and all emotions had left my body. No, all feeling had left my body until....

I felt something silky on my face.

"Now, now. Pretty girls like you shouldn't cry."

It was Lucas. He was wiping the tears off of my face with a handkerchief different than the one before.

I looked down at it. It was a solid baby blue color. Based on its soft texture and shiny color, I deducted that it was made of either silk or satin, with silk being the more likely option due to the owner's obviously vast wealth.

I looked up at the tall male.

"I'm sorry," He said looking sheepishly. "I guess I just assumed that since you were from the United States, that you would be comfortable with a man taking his shirt off in front of you."

He looks down at your towel covered body.

"Please excuse me. You see I'm not in the best mindset for making logical choices right now." He says raising a glass of scotch to his mouth as if hinting that his intoxication is to blame for his actions.

"I'm such an Idiot. You did tell me that you have been living in Seoul for a while now, so you must be used to our conservative style choices. Let me grab you something of mine to change into while we wait for the maids to get back."

"I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable." He adds while heading towards his closet. "Make yourself comfortable!"

The tension I had been holding within my muscles finally starts to diminish as I walk back into the bathroom.

Great, I just had to go and overreact. There is no way that someone like him would want someone like me, even if for just one night. Why did I have to assume the worst? He could have anyone he wanted, so why would I think he would want to force me into... well... that.

I definitely must have made him feel uncomfortable. He's likely thinking of ways that he can make me leave quicker by giving me his clothes instead of waiting for the maids to return. God, why am I like this?

I look at myself in the mirror, removing the towel. I look over my body, inspecting the slightly protruding bones caused by months of starving. I notice the large purple bruises on my sides, brought about from sleeping on cement allyway streets.

Although the shower washed away weeks of built up grime and dirt, I was still this pathetic looking beggar.

Why would anyone want this body? Especially him.

"This might be a little big on you but- Y/N? Where did you go?"

I rewrap my body in the towel and exit the bathroom to be greeted by Lucas holding up a thin, but large grey hoodie.

"Oh! There you are. Now I don't really have any pants that would really fit you, but I do have this hoodie, and I'm pretty sure it will fit like a dress on you. Is that okay?"

I look up at the hoodie and nod. I still don't feel very confident speaking to the aristocratic man standing in front of me, but when a slight frown sprouts on his lips, I make an effort.

"It's perfect. Thank you."

I grab the hoodie being handed to me and return to the bathroom to change. It is still a little short on me, but I don't want to complain to the man who is doing more to help me than I could ever reasonably expect.

I walk back into the bedroom and see a now fully dressed Lucas.

Instead of the designer suit, he was previously wearing, he was now dressed in a black turtleneck sweater and grey slacks.

"I hope this outfit makes you a little less uncomfortable." Lucas says as his eyes glaze over my exposed legs.

I look down, not knowing the appropriate response.

"Come on, lets make us some drinks, shall we?" Lucas walks over to me and places a hand on my waist, other hand already holding a new glass of scotch.

🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍

A/N: ok so maybe this flashback will be longer than 3 chapters... :/ I just wanna get it right.