"Without giving any thought

Live as though you'll be swept away 

A distant future for yourself

Again another deep regret"

                                      Go by NCT Dream
🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤

"So, what do we do now, sir?" Johnny asked, cautious not to piss his boss off any more than he already was.

"Right now, we have to check her story out for any inconsistencies. Taeil, recheck the footage from the ball. If there's anything we missed, we need to find it."

"Got it," Taeil obliged, opening his laptop.

"Johnny, go tell Winwin to take the girl back to the basement," Jaehyun commanded.

"On it."

Johnny turned to leave when the sound of vigorously clacking keys came to a sudden stop.

"Um, boss?" Taeil gulped, causing both Johnny and Jaehyun to turn towards him.

"You might want to take a look at this," he continued, rotating the screen so they could see.

"Crap," Jaehyun muttered, gritting his teeth.

Taeyong positioned himself beside Jaehyun so that he could see what his friend was referring to.

"Oh no."

"What? What is it?" Mark asked as he tried to see the screen only for Jaehyun to close it.

"They know."

Everyone's eyes were on Jaehyun but Taeyong took the lead in updating everyone.

"That was a message from Wayv. They know Y/N killed Lucas and they know we have her. Not only that, but they're demanding we give her to them."

"Wait, so that confirms that Y/N's story is true, right? That she didn't have anything to do with IU's death," Mark exclaimed excitedly.

Jaehyun sent a glare towards Mark.

"What it means is that we have a rat among us, moron," Doyoung spat.

"W-what?" Mark faltered.

"That's right," Jaehyun began.

"It makes sense that word would spread after the events of the burlesque show. It wouldn't be that much of a surprise if they figured out the identity of the girl we took or even why we took her, but one thing's for sure, there was no way that they could have found out about the contents on the tape without someone here leaking it."

"Jae, you know that no one here would betray us, and besides, there are over ways they could have found out. They could have hacked us," Taeyong voiced.

"How Taeyong? We used as old-fashioned recording device," Jaehyun boomed.

"No evidence of hacking our networks either," Taeil chimed in having reopened his laptiop.

"What about hidden cameras?"

Taeil lifted his head from the laptop.

"Not a chance there either. I implemented a system that messes with the electromagnetic frequency of certain HighTech transmitting recording devices. That's why we use older forms of recording devices."

Taeyong sat down, looking defeated.

"Okay, but... who could it even be?"

A pregnant pause washed over the room as everyone attempted to cease their wandering eyes.