47. Her first MAMA

Start from the beginning

December in Hong Kong is basically like Autumn in Korea. It's nice and cool, just a bit too dry so I have to constantly reapply chapstick. Otherwise, it's so much easier to go outdoors for pictures and interviews.

I don't see where Shannon is. I really want to see her in her outfit.

Actually, it's better not to see her. It'll just be harder to control myself if I see her in whatever amazing outfit she's got on.

'Welcome, Bangtan Sonyeondan to 2020 Mnet music awards,' the hostess says as we step on the interview stage. 'And happy birthday to Jin-ssi, who's spending his birthday with us this year.'

Jin hyung takes the mic and says, 'thank you very much. Last year I also spent my birthday with MAMA and the wonderful ARMYs and we went home with lots of compliments and encourage, hopefully we can continue this year.'

' I'm sure you will!' The other hostess says. 'V-ssi, you are continuing to wow everyone with your outfit, can you tell us more about it?'

' This outfit...'

It's most likely that they won't ask me a question because normally my hyung's will do all the speaking. I'm now standing on the elevated stage so I can spot Shannon coming in the entrance.

Oh my goodness.

She looks absolutely gorgeous. Her dress is a straight long dress, with stripes of yellow, black, white and red along the dress's length. The floral print on the dress gives the vibe of spring and hope, just like herself.

If she walks any closer I can just see her better.

There she comes. She's waving at the press and her fans on the sides, occasionally signing autographs for her STARS. The smile on her face has not faded for a single second.

I wish she's smiling that big when she sees me like seeing her STARS. Maybe I should sign up to her fan club as well.

Yup, I'm gonna do that when we're back in the waiting room.

Her natural black hair is done into a low bun, revealing her collarbones and slim arms. She looks likes she's lost weight. Has she been starving herself?

Her dress is strapless and looks light as the wind blows. She must be freezing, can I give her my coat?

'Thank you again, to Bangtan Sonyoendan. We'll see you again inside the ceremony.' The host says.

I see Freddie hyung as we head down the stage. 'Hyung, is there a coat for Shannon?'

He says, 'nope. She refuses to get one because she said she doesn't want to waste more money on outfits. That stubborn girl.'

I take off my jacket and give it to him. 'Please put this on her as soon as she's done with the interview.'

'But...this is a part of your outfit.'

'It's alright. We've got spare clothes. Please make sure she's warm and won't get sick.' I say.

He smiles understandingly with a nod, 'I understand. Thank you.'

--------

We get to sit in our own groups and close to TXT when we are inside the venue. Shannon's seat is between ours and TXT's, but she's technically on the same couch as us so there's probably gonna be lots of awkward moments.