39. Billboard: the interview

There's a short little speech after the second song, 'Caged days' so that my dancers will have some time for a break before the next intense choreography.

'Annyeonghaseyo, I am Shannon!' I say the introduction that I feel like I've been using for years but it's only been 8 months.

But I still can't believe the amount of people that have come to know my music in these few months. They were even singing along to a B-side song that I've never performed live before!

'That song was "Caged days",' I still explain for those who don't know. 'It's the first time that I've ever performed it live. It was alright, wasn't it?'

The fans are now chanting even louder to show me support.

'Now I just want to say a special hello to my STARS. How are you doing?'

There are so many different colors of flashlights in this sea of audience around me. Yup, the stage is right in the middle of the venue so there's literally fans 360-degree around me! I wonder if there's more people here or at the BTS concert that I guest featured in.

'I am so glad to be back again, L.A. This time I'm even here with a new album, "Thoughts"! Thank you, I can't say this enough, but thank you to everyone who has supported me in buying or streaming the album. Without you guys, "Thoughts" wouldn't be able to break into the Billboard charts and I wouldn't be able to stand here. So...'

'WHERE'S THE OFFICIAL LIGHTSTICK?' Someone in the audience interrupts. For some reason, the STARS have made this a tradition. Whenever I'm speaking they'll always make a funny remark like this, which I totally love.

And it's also our tradition for me to answer the question before going on with the speech. 'I'm working on it!'

I continue. 'So yeah, you guys know I like to take my time with these projects. Inspiration takes time to hit.'

This makes the audience laugh. Sometimes I'm scared that I'm too goofy onstage but the STARS seem to like it.

'Oh well, should we make a pact here?' I look around the stage and can make out the outlines of the fans' phones. 'Ok, I can see there're lots of cameras here so let this be known. As long as you STARS let me know you want new music and keep waiting for me, I will make it happen, alright?'

The hollering starts all over again.

Damn, look how brightly the whole venue is lighting up for me. There's a part of me that is so touched that I think I can just cry if I let my tears loose. But I also vowed to myself that I will not let the weak emotional side of me get to those who love me.

'Sorry, I think I just went STAR-gazing again.' That's the term the fans gave me when they caught me staring into the crowds. 'Aha, you think I don't know the memes, huh?'

'The next song I'm gonna sing is one of the slower ones, it's called "stay right here"...'

---------

The first KCON is finally done! It was so much fun to dance together with the other idols on stage! Amber, who is a member of F(x) and one of the MCs of the show even came to talk to me!

'Wah, Shannon, you did so well just now!' My lovely manager says.

'Thank you, Freddie oppa.' I giggle, 'I think I'm gonna have to get working on the official lightstick designs.'

He claps and says,' I told you the fans are dying to get them!'

'Yep, but you know I've got so many projects in my hands right now!'

'Tsk tsk tsk, you're just too talented for this industry.' We are now on our way back to the hotel. As much as I want to go celebrate with the other idols, I have to go back to the hotel to get some work done.