Chapter 28 | Escape and relocation

Start from the beginning

"B-but... This is home" she responded, pointing to her makeshift bed.
"Home for you, but not for me" I responded as I reached out to pat her head, only to receive a hiss in return which made my hand recoil. "Why are you still here?" I asked, trying to keep the Queen of the cave on my side.
"Fa-fa..." She paused to think, clearly stuck on the word. "Family..." She finally managed to get out, a sad look falling over her face after she finished.
"Your family? What about them?" I asked, my tone softening significantly.
"My daddy brought me here. I was l... li-little" she started, beginning to struggle on her words. "He said th-this was home for a wh-while" she continued.
"You've been here for a long time" I said, patting her head again and giving her a smile.
"Y-yeah..." She said, looking sad at the realisation.
"Would you like a new family?" I asked, earning an enormous smile from her.
"R-really!?" she exclaimed, tackling me into a hug.
"I think it'll be alright" I said, hugging her back. "So, do you wanna leave now?" I asked, sitting back up.
"You make babies with mouth first!" She exclaimed, opening her mouth and diving straight for my crotch.
"WOAH WOAH WOAH, BACK IT UP, LADY!" I exclaimed as she grabbed my belt buckle once again.

But unfortunately, a yell of that magnitude alerted pretty much everything in the cave. "Shit..." I mumbled under my breath before standing up. "We need to go" I said, finally pulling my mask up. Quickly climbing out of the pit, I offered my hand to help my new 'companion'.
"Why?" She asked, puzzled.
"Because everything in here other than you wants to eat me. Now please, we have to-" I cut myself off as I heard footsteps approaching. Drawing my bow and grabbing a fistful of arrows, I nocked one and took aim as I waited for something to enter the doorway. "I'm not gonna enjoy this" I mumbled as I heard footsteps closing in.

As the flood began to seep into the room, and before I could release my arrow, I heard a bloodcurdling screech come from behind me which caused me to flinch and cover my ears. As the screech echoed around the room and the rest of the cave, all of the potential enemies froze in place, a look of fear plastered on their faces as they slowly backed up to the doorway. And they were even whining like sad puppies. 'What the...?' Was all that came to mind in the moment.
"Oh yeah! I forgot she was the Queen here" Nightmare piped up, with a face-palm. "Well it was a guess, but it seem like seducing the one female here did you a huge favour" Nightmare said casually.
"Was that... You?" I asked, ignoring Nightmare and keeping my bow pointed at the enormous crowd.
"They li-listen to me, me like mommy" she explained.
"Are you any of their real mommy?" I asked, bewildered.
"Me, a mommy? Don't know..." She said, a sad tone in her voice and a confused look on her face.
"If she's allowed in the house, Patchwork can probably figure out that much. If she was left here as a kid and isn't a virgin, that'll probably give you the answer that you're asking for" Nightmare pointed out.
"Alright, hold my hand and please lead me out of here" I asked, putting all of my arrows back in my quiver and putting my bow on my back. Offering out my hand to hold, I put my free hand on my gun just in case.

As she took my hand, and made sure her claws didn't dig into it, she led me to the exit. I made sure that I kept looking at the gaggle of Rakes until they were at least out of sight, and that I did. Breathing a sigh of relief, I turned to where the Lady Rake was leading me and we kept walking. Surprisingly enough, it didn't take us particularly long to jog to the exit. Letting go of my hand, she shielded her eyes from the daylight that caught us both off guard. As we both covered our eyes, all I heard was "LOOK OUT!" before getting knocked to the floor, feeling several sharp things slash across my back and even slicing through the body armour. As I went to grab my gun, my arm went limp as I felt myself losing blood and consciousness - and fast. In the few seconds that I knew I was awake for, I could tell that I was blacking out and before I knew it, my eyes were closing as the Female Rake stabbed my stabber through the eyes with her own claws.