Chapter 52 | Fusion of confusion

Still (Y/N)'s POV
"Ugh, what the fuck, (Y/N)?" Jane groaned, the look of the ultimate hangover plastered on her face as she sat up and kept her head in her left hand. Hearing my name caused me to freeze, I was ecstatic that she remembered but at the same time I was worried something had gone awry.
'Think she's trying to catch us off guard?' I asked Nightmare, unsure on what my next move would be.
"You have the ways to figure it out" he responded, most likely irritated at the not-so-murderous turnout of the fight.
'I guess I do' I responded, focusing on Jane's mind.

'Man, my hurt seriously heads... wait that's not right' I heard her think, it was clear she was in some sort of recovery or comprehension phase. 'Where the hell am I? This isn't the house...' she thought, now looking around like a lost puppy.
'Think we should step in?' I wondered, seeing Jane like this made me feel kind of uneasy and guilty.
"Nah, give her a sec" Nightmare answered as Jane rubbed her head in confusion. "It's best we stay still for a bit and chill out, let her comprehend this without interruption so she can come to terms with where her head should be" he advised.
'Noted' I responded simply. 'Should we keep listening in though?' I asked, worried if this would cause interference.
"Well of course we should, I'd be bored as fuck otherwise" he said, as eloquently as ever.

'Okay, Jane, just use your head for a second' she self-advised. 'I left the mansion to do a bit of patrolling, Benny told me Jess' next target was in this building' she recollected.
'Well that explains our convenient meeting, huh?' I thought.
"I wouldn't call it convenient, more like lazy writing..." Nightmare groaned.
'I heard a commotion from the alley, so I went to look' I heard, now tuning back into Jane's thoughts. 'I saw a pretty intense fight, so I recorded it and sent it to Benny and stopped filming when the one guy exploded into light' she recalled.
'Shit' I said, realising this timeline had already gone a lot more wrong than I would've preferred.
"Fuck" Nightmare added, most likely for the same reason.
'And then... 'what's his face' came up and stuff happened. Now I'm here' she concluded, now standing up again and looking at me with a lot of confusion. "What... what the hell happened?" She asked, if she wasn't lost before then she definitely was now. "Who are you? Why do I sort of know you? How do you know what a Creepypasta is? How did you avoid getting eaten by Jackie? And who was that guy who killed everyone, (Y/N)!?" She ranted, the timeline most likely getting confused in her mind. "Oh shit am I dead!?" She panicked.

"Well it seems that didn't work splendidly" I mumbled aloud, now putting my hand on my chin.
"Well you can't expect your first attempts at these things to go amazin'ly every time, can you?" Nightmare said, seemingly in an attempt to cheer me up.
'Yeah, guess not' I responded, giving a shrug before trying to think of what to do next.
"Oh god, I don't feel so good" Jane said, looking up at me with worry as she covered her mouth. "I think I'm gonna puke" she added, stumbling a little before her heel slipped over the edge of the building.
"Jane!" I exclaimed, seeing her fall back before I sprinted towards her.

By the time I reached the edge of the roof, she was already a flight down but still reaching up towards me. I jolted my arm forward and a shadow arm darted towards her and caught her by her right forearm. Once she was caught, I felt myself getting slowly dragged down because of all the weight combined with the horrifying intensity of gravity. My eyes widened as more and more of my torso crept over the ledge, and looking down I saw Jane began to panic as well. It didn't help that she was already trying to swing her other arm up to grab on, but when she spoke up I felt fear within my heart. "(Y/N)! I-I'm slipping!" She called out as I felt her grip gradually slide down the shadow arm.
"Just... hold on a bit longer!" I called down, gripping her arm harder as I frantically looked around for something to help me. I planted my free arm down to try and keep me up longer and, looking around the roof, that's when I figured out a plan. 'I hope these hands can multi-task' I thought as I looked over at the entrance to the roof. I noticed that the door was slightly ajar so, in a hopeful attempt at a plan, I reached out and launched a shadow arm into the building as my body began to teeter over the edge. 'Please grab onto something, please grab onto something' I mentally chanted as I watched the arm soar into the building. The very second I saw the hand pass the door, my teetering almost became a dangerous fall. However, as I was now being dragged backwards, I barely managed to plant myself onto the roof using my legs as hooks on the edge and digging my heels into the roof's surface as hard as I could. After my back had hit the building, I clenched my still open hand into a fist and mentally begged that I grabbed onto something sturdy.