Chapter 17 | Recovery and meeting the other Residents

Still (Y/N)'s POV
It had been four days since I woke up from my mini-coma. I'd get frequent visits from Benny, Sally and Slenda which was nice. I even got a quick visit from Jess, who came by to apologise. It seemed uncharacteristic of her, but given how awkward and messy the apology turned out I was sure she meant what she said. Unsurprisingly however, none of the others came to see me. I understood why, I probably gave them a scare them when Nightmare took control. I started to feel hungry as I played on my phone but I did my best to ignore it, Benny would probably come check on me soon.

(Time skip brought to you by that one voice on SpongeBob)

"Fuck it, I'm doing it myself. It's been almost a week; I'll be fine" I mumbled to myself after waiting half an hour for someone to hopefully show up and help me. With a rumble of my stomach, I threw my covers to the side and swung my legs off the bed. "I better not fucking fall again" I muttered as I stood up. Getting to my feet, I did my best to stand up straight. I wobbled slightly as I got up, but I regained my balance after a little bit of stumbling. I walked over to the mirror and looked at myself, analysing every aspect of my body. 'Looks like I'm healthy again. I guess with the help of Babysitter Benny, I've recovered pretty well' I thought as I looked at my arms, that no longer looked like just bone. With a final stretch, I walked out of my door and into the hall. 'Oh shit! My mask!' I mentally panicked. I did a quick 180 and went back into my room and began to rifle through my drawers. 'Not in here... not here... maybe the desk?' I thought, turning towards... well the desk. Walking up to it, I saw my mask placed neatly on the centre on my desk with a rose and a note by the side of it. The note read:

'Dear (Y/N),
It's been a few days since you've been in bed and Ann said it'll be good for you to get up and about again. We've all seen you without your mask due to the 'incident' so you don't really need to wear it anymore, you look a lot better without it anyway. And because I'm AMAZING, I've even left you out some clothes. It's the black shirt and sweat pants that's under your mask, you're welcome. Also, I know that you're self-conscious about your scars, so here's a reminder to change your bandages. You kind of burnt one arm of them when you used a whole ass fireball.
Either way, I hope you feel better.
Lots of love,

-your favourite waifu, Best-Girl-Benny xoxo'

'Well that's... sweet I guess' I thought as I picked up the mask and clothes before putting them back on. As if to remind me why I got up in the first place, my stomach let out a massive rumble. Holding my stomach, I let out a little laugh at the noise as I walked to my door. As I strolled through the house, I couldn't see anyone around. 'Strange' I thought, looking left and right as I traversed the building. 'I'll deal with that when I'm not starving' I thought, getting to the kitchen and rifling through the cabinets. "Mmm, waffles" I muttered, pulling a box out of the cabinet and tossing them in the toaster. While they were toasting, I was searching around to put whatever I wanted on my waffles. Eventually, I found some toppings. After getting everything lined up and grabbing a plate, a nice little pinging noise caught my attention. Licking my lips, I pulled the waffles out of the toaster, but after I grabbed them I threw them in the air and let them fall onto the plate. "Fuck, still hot" I muttered as I chuckled a little at my stupidity. After catching both waffles, I pulled my mask down and set the plate down on the counter and put whatever my toppings on the first one, drooling slightly at the sight.

I picked it up to take a bite, but voice behind me made me jump and drop it back onto the plate. "W-w-what a-are y-you doing!?" a stuttering voice behind me yelled. I pulled my mask back up and turned to see one of the girls I didn't know about yet, probably one of the ones who's gender was incorrect online.
"Eating some food" I said with a shrug.
"A-are you e-eating m-my waffles?" she said angrily.
"Maybe. Why?" I asked, crossing my arms. A shadow was cast over her eyes and she twitched slightly, then she pulled out two hatchets from behind her back.
"You're dead" she said, completely stutter-free.
"Nope" I said, grabbing the plate and darting past her.
"G-get back h-here!" she yelled, closing in on me.
"Sorry but no!" I called over my shoulder.