Nineteen

It has been at least 2 hours since the two left the cabin and an hour since Allison fell dead asleep on the passenger seat. Cara firmly wraps her fingers around the steering wheel as she drives down the mostly empty road.

Just a few minutes later, the two find themselves in the middle of a traffic jam. The numerous cars were just merely inches away from being bumper to bumper and the repetitive honking of angry men made things worse.

Cara softly slams her forehead against the steering wheel in annoyance. She looks up out the windshield and at the same Ford LTD she had been looking at for the past 30 minutes.

With a sigh, she turns her head and looks out the window at the numerous trees surrounding them. The leaves were softly rustling from the wind that blew against it. For the first time in hours, she felt at peace. Just looking at her surroundings and appreciating everything around her. Who knows? Maybe something might happen and this would be the last time she'd be able to experience this.

A loud series of honks from behind the car immediately cuts her off from her thoughts and wakes Allison up from her deep slumber. She angrily pulls down her window and looks back at the car behind "stop fucking honking you bitch! I can't move shit with my mind!"

She lifts her middle finger up at the man before getting leaning back in her chair and pulling the windows up. With a groan, she looks up at the roof before turning to Allison who was looking at her with her eyebrows raised

"What was that about?" She asked referring to her angry outburst at the stranger behind them. "That asshole has been honking for the past 30 minutes." She muttered out before looking back out the windshield. The car in front of them begins to move so she slowly steps down on the pedal so they could move forward.

Seconds later, they stop once again and Cara slumps back in her seat. "How was your nap?" Cara asked her sister who was looking out the window. "I still feel like shit" Allison mumbled. The two chuckle in their seats as they look at the car in front of them.

"Well you know what would help with that? Music" Cara says before reaching forward and turning the radio on. She turns the dial to find a station and eventually stops on one. The sound of the organ immediately fills the car.

Don't go breaking my heart
I couldn't if I tried
Honey, if I get restless
Baby, you're not that kind

Cara nodded her head along to the beat while mouthing the words to the song. Allison on the other hand leans back on her chair, moving her feet along as she looks at her sister who was busy dancing on her seat

Don't go breaking my heart
You take the weight off me
Oh, honey, when you knock on my door
Ooh, I gave you my key

Cara held an invisible microphone in front of her mouth as she sang along. Allison watches in amusement as Cara swayed from side to side on her seat.

Ooh-hoo, nobody knows it
When I was down
I was your clown
Ooh-hoo, nobody knows it, nobody knows
Right from the start
I gave you my heart
Oh oh, I gave you my heart

Cara began moving her arms along as she loudly sang the song. A wide smile was plastered on her face, her eyes closed as she listened to the music. Allison leans further back in her chair in embarrassment but holds her hand over her mouth to silence her laughs.

So don't go breaking my heart
I won't go breaking your heart
Don't go breaking my heart

"Don't be a killjoy Allison. No one cares!" Cara smiled at her sister before pulling her up to her previous position. Allison laughs at her sister before nodding her head along with her. Soon the two dance in their seats as they listen to the song, both not caring about the world