Chapter thirteen

Chapter 13

"This is all your fault!" I heard someone yell. My head was pounding and I pulled the blanket higher over my head. Wait, blanket, wasn't I in the meadow. I shot up, then sunk back down due to the throbbing pain in my head, back, and legs. I heard the voice again.

"You did this to her. If I hadn't of broken in when I did, she would still be lying on the floor. Also, it was your dumbass gang that hurt her in the first place. You didn't do shit," I recognized Ryder's angry voice. I tried to slowly stand and moved to my door. Tom's voice rang out clearly, " ME! You're the one that pissed her off in the first place. You're the one who pushed her around on her first day. And you're the whose bitch picked a fight with her. I'm her brother, and I only want her safe. You need to leave her alone and never attempt to even look at her ever again."

I scowled and opened the door to their stunned and annoyed faces. I held my head and pushed past them. I was wearing the exact same clothes as yesterday. I walked slowly down to the kitchen ignoring Ryder and Tom's attempt at stopping me. I found my favorite cookies and cream pop tarts. I opened the package and didn't bother heating them up. I broke off a small piece and nibbled on it, sitting at a stool next the bar in the kitchen. The guys walked in soon after and sat on ether side of me. I grimaced and walked to the living room hoping they would just leave me alone. My prayers were unanswered when I saw them walk in after me.

"Okay, what do you assholes want?" I yelled. They looked at each other, then at me.

"I want to know that you're okay. I walked in and you were lying on the ground. Your clothes were really dirty and you looked like a mess," Ryder said and I glared, " I mean still hot but a mess." I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Well I'm fine now both of you leave me alone. You've both had your fair share of pissing me off. And you," I said turning to Tom, "You were a dick for no damn reasons. Maybe you should've called off your dogs, I mean friends, and helped. Not fucking yell at me." My voice slowly rose as I got more and more furious. I felt hot tears running down my eyes and Tom moved to hug me. I turned away but he hugged me anyways. I gave up and started crying nonstop. Tom patted my back and hugged me till I calmed down again. I took a deep breath and pushed him away. Ryder walked up to me and kissed my forehead, earning an annoyed grunt from Tom. I walked back up to me room, with them following me. I turned back to them and sighed.

"Both of you have some explaining to do so come on," I said turning to walk into my room. I sat down on the bed and Tom grabbed a chair, sitting in front of me. Ryder sat beside me and put his arm around me waist. I moved his arm away and he just put it back. I huffed and left it. I just wanted to know what happened. We sat in silence before I spoke up, "Okay, so first of all, Tom why the hell did your friends beat me up? Second, Ryder what the hell were you doing there? Third, why the hell are you two talking about gangs?" They looked at each other and Tom sighed.

"Well, look beautiful," Tom started, " After dad died, you know how hard I took it, right?" I nodded and he continued, "Well a few weeks after that I was walking home from the store. I had taken a run to blow off some steam. I heard some guys yelling near the one warehouse the we used to go by to get to the park. I watched them and saw them fighting, guys were placing bets, screaming yelling, lots of blood. I found started to go every week. I'd watch the guys fight. eventually I stated betting, then I started fighting. I know it sounds fake, but I joined a 'gang' that wanted to pay me to fight for them. In this sense the term 'gang' basically means a group of guys who bet for one or two of the best fighters in the group and split the money. I wasn't in it for the money, just the adrenaline rush. I wasn't half bad when I started. I'd make sure to only get scars on my body not my face. Though if I did get on my face, I'd make up a story to cover for it. I got better and soon got to be one of the best, besides this asshole here," he pointed to Ryder who smirked triumphantly," Recently, I told the gang I was quitting. I didn't want to fight anymore. I knew you were moving schools and I told them I would just focus on keeping you safe. They got a little angry with that. I'm guessing that they took their anger out on you yesterday."

I stared at him, completely awestruck. My brother was a 'fighter' I guess. He did use to come home with a few small bruises on his arm. I remember one night when we were watching a movie and went and grabbed a shirt to leave. He was going to hang out with his friends. He had pulled of his shirt to change into the new one. I saw bruises and scars all over his back. when I asked about it, he shrugged and said he fell. I didn't ask again. I turned towards Ryder and said, "So, why were you there?"

He shrugged and said matter-of-factly, "I was going to blow off some steam, and I was following you. I didn't want to let you get away quite that easily. I'm sorry I was a dick to you. I'm not much of a chaser. Girls normally come to me." I snorted at that and rolled my eyes. He continued, "I heard crying from the back and looked to see what was happening. I saw you getting punched by those assholes. I don't know what came over me, I just kinda went into a different state of mind. Then your brother here saw me. I'm guessing he thought that my gang was messing with his. A big NO in our world I guess. Our two gangs were in a pact at the moment, we don't mess with them, unless it's a scheduled fight of course."

I took a moment to think and Tom moved to sit besides me. I sighed and pulled them both in for a hug. I stood up and crossed my arms, "Okay I forgive you both, but Tom you have to cook me my favorite meal, you already know what that is. And you, Ryder, I want you to call off your psycho bitch, Diana, and take me to the music store downtown," I smiled at them. Tom nodded and headed to the kitchen. Ryder laid back on my bed and looked at me winking. I rolled my eyes and sat on the chair Tom was using.

"You guys better hurry up and go to the music store before I start cooking. Ryder if you even touch my little sis I'll kick your ass, pact or no pact," Tom called from the kitchen. I jumped up and looked in the mirror, grimacing at my appearance. I looked at Ryder and told him to get out of my room so I could change and look as decent as I could. Then, I walked into the bathroom, leaving Ryder to hopefully leave my room. I turned on the shower to a really hot but not scolding temperature. I stripped and did my business, glad that the hot water relaxed my sore muscles some. I put on my underwear and t-shirt from yesterday. Thankfully it went down to my mid thigh. I walked into my room to see Ryder still laying on my bed like he own the place. He made such a habit of that. He looked over to me and smirked then sat up and crossed his arms.

"Get out," I said smiling. I shouldn't be nice to him, but I couldn't help it. He just got to me. He didn't move and I rolled my eyes and walked into my huge walk in closet and shut the door behind me. I changed quickly into a black panty and bra set and put on a pair of red smoky skinny jeans and a black shirt with rips on the back. I wore a red tank too under that. I looked in the mirror against the back wall, happy that the t shirt was loose and hid my fat. I stared a bit longer. My hair was a mess, I had a big bruise on my arm, and the skinny jeans made me look like a sausage. I looked away and was looking for a new pair of jeans that wouldn't squeeze my stomach and thighs. I heard a knock on the door followed by Ryder saying, "Kate, if you don't get out here now I'll come in there. You're taking too long."

I ignored him and kept looking when I heard the click of my door opening. I gasped and whipped around as Ryder grabbed my hand and pulled me outside.

"No I need a different pair of jeans," I whined. He turned and looked me over, he looked me straight in the eyes and smiled.

"You look hot," he said and pulled me outside to his motorcycle as I pulled a hair band off my wrist to tie my still damp hair back into a messy ponytail. I got on after him and we took off to the music store, Passion in Lyrics. As we sped down the road, I recognized a familiar car with a familiar bitch if a mom, with a pissed off face, staring us down. Oh shit, I thought.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone how are you? How's life? What you think of the next chapter? I'm slowly getting the chapters to be longer but it's a work in progress. The picture attached is of Kate's mom, Rina. She's pretty but her personality ruins it. Do you think Kate should've forgiven them that easily?

Comment, Vote, Follow

Thank you. lots of love for my fabulous kitkats!