Chapter nineteen

Chapter 19

It's been two weeks since I started living with Ryder. Besides the first night, he hasn't slept on the bed, only on the couch in his room. His mom has been the most amazing person ever and the twins were so lively and cute. Joey, Ben, John, and Ashley now know that I'm living with him and the jokes seem endless to them. I've gone to The Ring almost every other night with Ryder to dance and just hang out, but I haven't seen him fight for a while.

At the moment, Ashley and I were getting ready for a homecoming dance. She had on a black dress that went to her mid thigh and had a black satin bow around the waist. Her hair was curled perfectly and pinned to the side. She had bright red lips and winged eyeliner. She finished her outfit with black pumps. She looked gorgeous, but now it was my turn.

Ashley said she had already bought a dress for me and I hadn't ever seen it. She smiled evilly and reached into her bag to pull out and tight white dress with jewel all over the top. It was the most amazing dress I had ever seen. There was a black ribbon that was placed right under the bust, separating the jewels and the rest of the dress. She had also pulled out some black stilettos. I eyed them carefully. I had walked in heels before though not quite that high. Ashley pushed me into the bathroom with the dress and heels. I quickly put them on and was about to look in the mirror when Ashley yelled, "Don't look in the mirror until I'm finished!"

I rolled my eyes and walked out. She squealed and pulled me back into Ryder's room. Ryder and the boys were all at Ben's house getting ready. She say me down on the couch and started on my make up and hair. She curled my hair the French braided it up into a curly bun. I looked into the mirror after she was done seeing a whole new person. The dress hugged my body, emphasizing every curve it needed. My make up was light with winged liner and pink lip gloss. I looked more confident and graceful. I smiled and hugged Ashley. She laughed and hugged me back. A soft knock on the door made us look up.

"Kate, Ryder and his friends are here," Ryder's mom said softly. Ashley turned to me and smiled brightly. Ben had asked her to the dance and she was super ecstatic. We walked out of the room to hear the boys arguing about something.

"No!" Ryder said, "We are not doing that!"

"Awww, come on, why not?" That was Ben's voice.

"I agree with Ryder on this. We really shouldn't," John said quietly.

"It might be funny though," Joey replied.

"I don't care what you guys say I'm doing it," Ben announced.

"Whatever," Ryder grumbled.

We decided to make our entrance at that point in the conversation and they all turned to us. Ben grinned and walked over to Ashley, putting his arm around her. John and Joey smiled with their arms around their dates, Alyssa and Jamie, as well. Ryder smirked and winked at me and I blushed, walking over to him. His arm rested on my waist and I leaned in slightly. Jean had us all stand together for pictures. Ryder's dad, whose name I learned was Daniel, was here also showing his famous scowl. He hadn't talked to me since the first day I met him. After the pictures were taken, we all spread out to different cars. I was in a car with Ryder, Ashley, and Ben. Ashley was joking with Ben in the back and I was silently stealing glances at Ryder driving. He was quiet, but a playful smirk was placed on his lips.

Once we got there we quickly found the rest of our group and went inside. It was held in the Gym. There were silver and black balloons covering the ceiling and streamers on the walls. I saw the snack table with various candies and other treats. Then I saw Ben sneak over to the table and he held his back to the rest of the room trying to hide something.

"Kate, Do you want to dance?" Ryder said. I nodded eagerly. I had found a new love of dancing since going to The Ring. Ryder took my hand and we danced around the side of the crowd to the pulsing, fast-paced music. After a good while of dancing, I made my way to the refreshment table. I took a cup of the punch and gulped it down. It was really good, though it had a slightly off taste. I had two more cup fills before I went over to the tables on the side of the Gym. I felt lighter, more giddy somehow. I looked over to the dancing teens to see one guy fall over and another one dancing like a crazy person. I gigged stupidly. I don't know why I laughed, it was just so damn funny.

I finally found the table my group was at and saw Ryder with a scowl on his face. He was glaring at Ben and Joey, who both had proud looks on there faces. Ashley walked over to me and handed me another big cup of punch, which I downed quickly. She was running and jumping and dancing around the crowd like and idiot and grinned at me. She had her own cup of punch and was gulping it down and refilling it constantly. I laughed and walked over to Ryder, stumbling slightly. He looked at me then glared at the boys more. They busted out laughing and Joey fell on the ground. I looked at Ryder confused. He looked so cute with that scowl on his face and I giggled and hugged him.

"Ryder have you tried the punch? It's really good," I said grinning madly.

"Kate! The punch it's-" he started but I cut him off by kissing him. He was just so hot with that surprised look on his face, I couldn't help myself. He kissed me back for barely a second before pushing me away. I felt hurt. He didn't want me to kiss him? I thought he liked me. Tears started to form in my eyes. Ryder's face changed from surprised to worried and he hugged me.

"No no, I didn't push you away because I don't like you," I guess I said my thoughts out loud. Or he was a psychic. Oh, maybe he is! Okay I'm going to think of pizza. What kind is it?, I thought.

"Kate, I think you're a little drunk," Ryder said. Drunk?, I thought, How?

"Ben spiked the punch, along with Joey," he said. Oh, so that's how. Well I'm sure I can kill them later.

Wait! What?

---------//-----------//----------
Hey everyone, I just want to say thank you for being there for me and I couldn't ask for any better fans than you all. The picture is the guy I decided to be Ryder. Yes he is replacing dimitri.

Comment, Vote, Follow.