Chapter ten

Chapter 10
I woke up feeling myself again. I threw on my usual dark jeans, t shirt, and vans. Looking in the mirror, I realised my hair was a mess and I quickly swept it into a messy ponytail. Tom knocked softly on my door.
"Kate, you awake?" he called. I opened the door to a huge hug. I laughed and pushed him off me.
"What's your big deal?" I said.
"What did the note say?" he said. Great, I thought, just let the world know I got a damn note. I pushed him away.
"How do you even know about that?" I asked bitterly.
"I uh I figured it out... Anyways what did it say?" He said sternly.
"It didn't say anything. It said that mom was leaving and she would be back soon is all." I said and looked him in the eyes. he thought for a moment before hugging me again and walking away.
I felt bad for snapping at him, but quickly brushed it off. I ran downstairs to quickly grab some pop tarts before hopping in the car and waiting for Tom. When he got in we both stayed silent all the way to school. He huffed a sorry then left me in the car and walked to his friends. I sighed and got out of the car and made my journey into hell.
I went to the cafeteria and sat down at the same table I've decided to always sit at.
Soon after that, I saw Ryder walk slowly towards me. I watched him and glared at him as he got closer. I was not in the mood to deal with him today.
"Don't even think about messing with me, I'm not in the mood." I said.
"Well sorry babe lets go," he said grabbing my hand and dragging me out of the cafeteria. I huffed and followed behind reluctantly. He pulled me into the janitors closet. Well isn't this déjà vu, I thought.
"What do you need now, Ryder," I grumbled.
"Who gave you the note?" He growled, "Who is Rena?"
"My mother," I said with my voice full of anger. Ryder looked at me shocked. He pulled me into a tight hug. I pushed him off of me.
"I thought I made it clear to you that I don't need your help," I said then pushed him out of the way and opened the door.
"Wait," he said. "please just listen for a bit."
"The bell is about to ring," I said then huffed as he made a sad puppy face. "Take me to the meadow again. We will talk there after school."
He brightens up then walks out of the closet to his next class. I rolled my eyes and walked to my first class.
The day continued as normal, until gym. Diana, aka bitch from hell number two, cornered me in the locker room.
"Why are you going after MY boyfriend?" She hissed. I huffed and ignored her. She didn't like that so she pulled my hair to get me to look at her. I tried to keep calm and not kill her right then and there. This bitch has gotten cocky. I glared at her.
"Okay I'll bite, what do you want," I growled.
"I want you to back of what's MINE," she glared back at me.
"Look I don't give two shits about Ryder, why do you get him to leave me alone?"
"Ugh, like he would actually go for some pig like you. I'm mean get real, your lower than class z. Ryder needs a real woman like me." she said and pointed at herself to finish it off. Oh, now I was pissed.
"Look, Prada bitch, I don't need your ranking or you anywhere near me. so back off and go bitch to Ryder." I said completely fed up. She stood the with her mouth to the floor and then walked away with a huff. I walked out to gym class soon afterwards. Gym class went as normal, we did laps then basketball.
After school I told Tom that Ryder was taking me home then ran off before he could protest.
I looked around the school for a moment and found Ryder with his friends.
"Hey," I said. He smiled and put his arm around me. I pushed him away and his friends laughed. He introduced me to all of his friends quickly. There was Joey, a blue-eyed ken doll look alike. Ben, a green-eyed, brown haired jokester. And John, a sweet red haired boy. I said a quick hi then pulled Ryder away to the parking lot where his bike was parked. Time to see that beautiful meadow again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey everyone it took a long time for me to update but I finally did.
Btw the girl in the picture is Emma Meyer, she is who I based Kate's overall appearance on. next chapter will have a picture of Ryder.

Comment, Vote, Follow