5 | mission iii : funeral

jimin and jeongguk arrived at the funeral home, it seemed to be over and all that was left were the daughter and husband of the women who had passed away.

jeongguk strolled around the cementary, "wow fancy place," he thought as he saw every tombstone sparkly clean and no weeds in sight.

jimin ignored him and walked over to the father and daughter.

"who are you?" asked the father as he wiped his tears away, "the service is over."

"i'm not-" jimin tried again, "i'm sorry for your loss."

the girl looked up at jimin, "are you an angel?" she asked as she wiped her tears, jimin had enabled hims bracelet to allow his white wings to be seen by the girl only.

jimin nodded with a small smile, "everyone said mommy is with the angels now. is she there with you?"

jimin nodded, "your mother is with us. she told everyone how much she loved both of you and hoped you both would continue to live life to its fullest. she will always be watching you from heaven. she also wanted me to remind you both that she isn't really gone. she'll always be in both of your hearts as you'll be in hers always."

both the father and daughter smiled at the words. jimin couldn't make them stop crying, but their sense of sadness had reduced a bit.

jimin bid them both a goodbye and joined jeongguk who was eating a cookie.

"where did you-"

"always bring a cookie in case," jeongguk answered before jimin could finish his question. the angel shook his head, "whatever you say."

"how do you feel?" jeongguk asked, "does it remind you of your father?"

jimin nodded, "it reminds me of the feeling, a hole in your chest like something is missing. a sense of emptiness and sadness. but you have to remember to move on and not dwell too long in sorrow or else you'll be eaten up."

"it almost ate you up," jeongguk remembered, "luckily those movie nights and baking days helped a bit, remember?"

jimin smiled as he remembered jeongguk coming over and making cakes and muffins then eating them during a movie they picked out.

"yeah," jimin replied, "that helped me a lot." jeongguk smiled.

"we should make cupcakes again someday," jeongguk suggested, "for old time sake."

jimin laughed, "sure."

jeongguk smiled and finished his cookie.