2 | childhood friends

"morning jimin," said taehyung as he joined him as they walked to the office, "a birdie told me you denied the great jeongguk the other day."

"what do you mean denied?" jimin questioned, "we were never a thing," they turned a corner and entered a lift.

taehyung was jimin's close angel friend at the company, he also heard and knew everything that went around. taehyung knew all.

"i thought you guys were?"he said in surprised, "since you both did something sinful the other night in the office." taehyung smirked and nudged jimin.

jimin glared at him, "it was after the company's anniversary party," jimin explained as they excited the elevator, "we were drunk and got into the moment."

"mhm," taehyung said, not believing a word, "like i let anyone bang me in the public office."

jimin this time nudged him, "jeongguk and i have known one another since birth. childhood lovers never last. someone gets between and thats it," jimin said as they reached their destination, "now keep this chat for another time. we have a meeting to attend."

taehyung nodded and jimin opened the door, taehyung walked in first then the smaller angel.

everyone was inside, yoongi was talking to another devil, baekhyun. they were probably discussing about the recent serial killer mission. jimin spotted jin talking to namjoon, possibly discussing about what to address first during this meeting. finally, jimin's eyes found jeongguk. that devil was talking to hoseok and jinyoung.

"taehyung, jimin," said hoseok as he approached the two, as jeongguk and jinyoung followed hoseok, "finally made it to the meeting."

"if we didn't namjoon would have our heads," jimin said as he saw namjoon trying to get everyone's attention.

namjoon called everyone to settle down. there were tables and chairs in the room but everyone preferred standing for some strange reason.

"i wanted to congratulate everyone for their successful missons these past days and hope that everyone will maintain that record for the future," namjoon started off, "on another note, i wanted to inform you all that we will be getting trainees in the near future, both devil and angels."

namjoon went on to detail about numbers which most listeners began to zone out but nodded as if they followed what namjoon was talking about.

once the meeting came to an end namjoon asked if jimin and jeongguk would stay back. which they did. once the last person left, leaving only namjoon, jimin, and jeongguk in the meeting room. namjoon began to speak.

"there is another missoon," he said, "this time it's a boy around 14 years of age. seems to be having parent issues."

"why are we getting the messed up parent missions," jeongguk asked.

"maybe because i see you both as a couple of bickering parents," said namjoon with a smirk.

"who's the mom?" jimin asked jokingly.

"well i'm the daddy, naturally," said jeongguk with confidence then patted jimin's shoulder, "so i guess you are the mommy."

jimin was going to smack him when namjoon sent them off with a wave, not wanting to hear the two bicker.

namjoon sighed, "what a pair," he said with a sigh before leaving the room.