five | duvet days

1616 words

The next morning, the sun's rays seeped through Chenle's blinds right on to your eyes, waking you up instantly. It took you a second to be fully conscious and get your mind up and running again. You glared out the window as you rubbed your eyes, trying to remember any detail about the night before and how you ended up... wait. Where were you? You sat up, looking around. On the bedside table next to you was a small frame holding a photo Chenle and his family, and upon seeing his face through the glass you were reminded of some vague memories about Chenle bringing you home last night.

You turned around, taking in the rest of the room though still half asleep. You seemed like you weren't too far off lifeless, to be really honest. That is, until your eyes met a shirtless Chenle lying fast asleep next to you. The sight of his bare chest made your heart jump, a gasp leaving your mouth just loud enough for Chenle to hear. He opened his eyes slowly, moving them around the room until they landed you.

"Oh, hey, [y/n]," he said sleepily. "You're up," he smiled.

You were still lost for words at this point, unable to take your eyes off his body and remove your shocked expression. Chenle noticed and quickly covered up.

"Oh, sorry. Uh," Chenle got up quickly and walked around the room trying to find his t-shirt again, but it seemed to be hiding from him.

"No, don't worry about it," you finally said shyly. "It's alright."

Chenle stopped and scratched his head, turning to face you again with a slightly embarrassed smile.

"Lele... what happened last night?"

Chenle laughed, not surprised that you had no recollection of what went down.

"We danced, we sung, you screamed, you got tired, I brought you home. That's about it," Chenle shrugged. "You were wildly drunk."

"Yeah..." you laughed, embarrassed. "I know." You nodded along, trying to pull at any vague memory you might be able to grab from the party, but nothing seemed to pop up. You leaned over the bed to reach for your bag and pulled out your phone to see a screen light up with (6) missed calls.

"Shit!" you cursed, quickly dialling in your parents' number on your phone. You held your mobile up to your ear, and Chenle mouthed a 'what happened?!' to you from across the other side of the room. You gave him a panicked face, and before you could explain charades-style, your loving mother picked up.

"[Y/N]! Where are you! We've been worried sick!"

"I know, Ma, I'm sorry. I stayed at Eunha's last night because the party finished too late to come home and I only just woke up," you lied, knowing your parents would absolutely lose it if they knew you stayed over at a boy's house.

"Only just woke up?! It's nearly 1 o'clock!"

"I know, I know. I'm sorry, it won't happen again. I forgot to tell you," you finished. Your mother began to go on another ramble, as she always did, but you cut her off to save yourself getting another whooping over the phone. "I've gotta go, Eunha and I have homework to do. I'll see you tonight, tell dad I said hi! Love youuuuu," you rambled out, managing to hang up again before your mum could get another word in.