Parties arent as nice as you

(We were talking about straws up there please get your mind outta the gutter-)

The day of the party had arrived and Snufkin was feeling anxious. The party started in about an hour and he was already sticking to Moomin's side.

"I'll be right back, Snorkmaiden's making me change for the party." Moomin groaned and rolled his eyes, leaving Snufkin's side to head up stairs.

Snufkin stood awkwardly where he was for a second before he walked off to find what Little My was doing to 'sabotage' the party.

He found her climbing onto a bookshelf, away from most others view. "My?" He asked, causing the other to flinch and almost drop what she had in her hands.

"Holy shit Snufkin! Don't sneak up like that!" My gasped, annoyed at almost dropping what she had. "What're you doing this time?" Snufkin asked, leaning against the shelf making it wobble slightly.

"Snufkin I swear-" My growled out, holding onto the wall for support. "I'm hoping to get the parkowner and his ass usually comes through this door as soon as the party starts so." My shrugged, setting something up and tying a string to a small hook hanging off the side.

"Sounds fun." Snufkin smiled watching My struggling to turn around to get off the top of the shelf. "Need any help?" Snufkin asked, backing up to in front of the shelf. "If you don't catch me I'll smother you in your sleep." My said, falling off the shelf only for Snufkin to catch her.

"Damn your heavy for someone so small." Snufkin teased, standing My down on her feet. "That smothering option is still up there so don't test it." My snapped back although she had a grin on her face.

"So how are you gonna get that to fall?" Snufkin asked looking up at the small bowl-cup like thing sitting on the doorframe. "Imma pull this string when he's under it." My smiled, pulling slightly at a string in her hand before moving it to the shelf so it wouldn't randomly get pulled.

"Ok then." Snufkin smiled sightly, although it feel pretty quickly for some reason. My lightly punched Snufkin on the arm, and looked around the corner. "Where'd Moomin go? I thought you were gonna hang with him till you bail?" My asked while looking around.

"Don't word it like that, and he went to change or something." Snufkin shrugged but looked down at My who's eyes were attached on something else. Snufkin followed My's gaze to see Snorkmaiden.

"Gods you're almost gayer than I am." Snufkin's laugh got cut off by My elbowing him in the rib. "Ow! Mother fucker I have mY bInDEr oN-" Snufkin groaned, holding where My hit him.

"Not my problem your bitch ass forgot to take it off last night." My said, although she really did worry about Snufkin. "I did take it off!" Snufkin said back, rubbing the spot My hit.

"Good." My said simply before looking over to see the time and grinning like the evil gremlin she is again. "Look at the time, I gotta go do something." My says and starts walking away while Snufkin suddenly remembered where he was.

Snufkin realized that more people were starting to show up and he didn't have Moomin to stay with at the point. He felt his anxiety rise just realizing that so many more people would soon show up.

He walked away from in front of the shelf thing and made his way upstairs, wanting to find Moomin. Snufkin found Moomin's room and knocked on the door. "Yeah?" Someone called out from in the room. "Moomin? What's taking you so long?" Snufkin asked right before Moomin opened the door.

He was in a pastel green jumper with a pair of light blue overalls. The jumper had a small white animal on it. It looked kinda like a hippo but it was a cute picture. The overalls had patches and small paint smears on them but it complimented Moomin. It was something that looked great on him.

He also had a flower crown on his head, with light blue, pink, white, and yellow flowers. It was overly cute on Moomin, but that's exactly how Snufkin saw him all the time.

Snufkin blushed while looking at Moomin and Moomin realized the staring. "Snuf? Are you ok, your face is red?" Moomin asked with a worried tone. "Yeah, I'm fine." Snufkin said after he snapped out of his trance.

Moomin nodded and smiled "Ok! Let's go the party's starting soon!" Moomin smiled and grabbed Snufkin's hand, dragging Snufkin with himself to head down stairs.

It didn't take long for Snufkin to be done with people.

It turned out it was a bunch of ash from the fireplace and she did in fact get the park keeper. It was probably the best part of the night for Snufkin.

Snufkin stood awkwardly next to Moomin, it took everything in him not to latch onto Moomin when his anxiety raised. "I'll be right back!" Moomin said to Snufkin as he walked away to talk to someone.

Snufkin played awkwardly with the edge of his shirt for a few minutes before he couldn't stand it anymore. He wanted to get out before what happened the other day happened again.

Snufkin tried to find his way out of the Moomin house, weaving through people and apologizing to everyone he bumped into.

It was taking so long to find his way out, Snufkin felt it getting a little hard to breath. He finally found his way out, running from the house as people that were outside looked over or didn't bother to notice him.

It didn't take too long for Snufkin to be far from the house, sitting on a hill alone as he raked his fingers through his hair. Snufkin took deep breaths and was soon calmed down.

Snufkin laid back, looking up into the night sky while stars danced across it.

Snufkin's head turnt to the side as he heard footsteps, trying to identify who's they were. Moomin was walking over quickly, panting and trying to catch his breath.

When Moomin saw that it was in fact Snufkin there his face lit up and he ran the rest of the way to him. Moomin plopped down beside Snufkin and huffed while trying to catch his breath again.

"I'm sorry—" Moomin panted, taking a deep breath in. "—for leaving you there" Moomin said quickly, trying to get his breath to slow down.

Snufkin shrugged. "It's fine." Snufkin said back. He sounded annoyed and sarcastic but he meant what he said. Moomin seemed to shrink into himself. "Shouldn't you get back to the party. Moominmama will wonder where you are." Snufkin said, looking back into the sky.

"It's fine, parties aren't as nice as you anyways." Moomin said and Snufkin sat up in response. "Really?" Snufkin asked, he felt himself blush slightly.

"Yeah!" Moomin exclaimed, looking Snufkin in the eyes. The two stared at each other in comfortable silence for a few minutes. Moomin felt himself leaning into Snufkin's direction, although he couldn't tell why.

Snufkin noticed and blushed, wondering if Moomin was gonna doing what he thought he was. Snufkin soon realized he was leaning in slightly too.

It didn't take long for the two to meet almost in the middle of them, leaning closer to Snufkin's side. And just before either do them knew what they were doing, their lips met in a quick peak.

Moomin yanked away as soon as he realized what was happening and his face flushed a deep red. Snufkin's face did the same, and he tried to cover his face with his hat.

"OH MY GODS IM SO SORRY I WASNT THINKING—" Moomin yelled, covering his face up and talking quickly.

"I-it's ok Moomin.." Snufkin mumbled, his cheeks tingling as he smiled under his hat.