Chapter 2

Jason
As the day went on, nothing interesting happened. I only spoke a couple words to Ryan here and there. To be honest, I think he's better off without me. He doesn't need me, his best friend anymore. Well if you can still call me his best friend. As the bell rang, meaning school is now over, I went to my locker to put my books in it. When I'm done I close my locker and make my way out of the school and to my car. I reached my car and got in, eager to just get home and relax, and started driving home. About a couple minutes of driving, I finally reached my house. I put the passcode in for the gate that we have so nobody can intrude on our property and made my way in the driveway. Once I parked my car I got out, I got to the door opening it to get greeted my my mom making something in the kitchen. I walk in the kitchen and see her baking my favorite cookies,chocolate chip. I hug her from behind and she jumps, not realizing I came home. "Oh Jason, I didn't see you come in." She said chuckling at herself. "Hi mom." I said smiling at her. "So how was your day?" She looked at me. "It was okay, you know the usual." I said, I don't really have anything to say since nothing interesting ever happens. "Oh well maybe a cookie will brighten your spirits." She hands me a cookie and I bite into it, moaning in delight. "Yum, they are delicious." She chuckles at me rolling her eyes playfully. I thank her for the cookie and make my way upstairs to my room. I got started on my homework because I actually care about my grades other than other people. It took me about 20 minutes and then I was finished. I put the books down and rubbed my head. I have a headache. I sit on my bed and thought of something to do. 'Maybe a walk will clear my mind' I thought. I got my jacket and shoes on and walked back downstairs. I yelled to my mom that I was going outside for awhile so she knows where I am. It's getting dark out but I don't really care. I opened the gate so I can get out and followed the sidewalk, not knowing where I was going. Minutes later, I reached the fence. It was tall and expanded to miles so no one could get through to the other side. I never really got a good look on the other side. My parents don't want me to go by there, they said the poor people are dangerous. I walked little closer to see something. As I got face to face with the fence, I saw not something,but someone.

Justin
"Bye dad, I'm going to get something to eat." I yelled to him. "Okay Justin please be safe." I looked at him nodding my head and heading out the door. I walked to my usual place to get food. The dumpster didn't have as much food as I thought it would today. 'Oh well I guess I'll just have to find what I can.' I think to myself. I climb on top of the dumpster to get a better look when I heard someone yell. It scared me and I fell on my butt, whimpering at the now pain on my ass. "Hey are you okay?" The voice said, sounding worried. I looked up to be seeing a figure. They were in the other side of the fence. Not one rich person has cared for a poor person before. 'They must be confused' I told myself. I got up and brushed the dirt off my pants. I noticed the person looking at me. Then I remembered they asked me a question. "Oh y-yeah I'm fine." I stuttered. "But you just fell, are you sure you are okay?" "Yeah I'm fine." After I said that it was completely awkward. "My name is Jason by the way." He said. I walked closer to the fence but didn't get a clear look at him, since it is now dark out. "I'm Justin." I don't know why but something told me I could trust him. "Well I better get going my parents will freak if they find out I'm out after dark." He sighed to himself and started walking away. "Nice to meet you, Justin." He said and walked away. I went home just thinking about Jason.

- Interesting things will happen in the story and you will have to wait and find out. 😁 Also if you have any requests on what should happen in the story please comment and I'll try to make it work in the story. Thanks for reading🌸