Chapter 27

Jason
All day today people were acting strange and I don't know why. I was in study hall and Ryan came over to talk to me. I haven't talked to him in months. Maybe he finally noticed that he can't ditch his best friend for a girl. Also, Danny has been acting a little weird too. Maybe it's nothing...but at least Justin isn't acting strange at all. We have been dating for two months now and I couldn't be happier. I think about him all the time and I think I'm starting to fall in love with him. I don't know if it's too soon or not, but I can picture us being together in the future. "...Jason...Jason..." I hear someone call my name and I snap out of my thoughts and look up to see Danny. He has a confused look on his face, probably wondering what the hell I'm thinking about. "What are you thinking about?" Oh look I was right. I just shrugged my shoulders. "Nothing." I said and he dropped the subject. "Want to come over my house later?" He asked and I instantly knew my answer, no. I refuse to do anything with him because of what he did. He stole from the poor side. Is he really that heartless? Yes he is. "I can't I'm busy after school." I kept my excuse simple so no questions were asked, but he still asked them. "What are you doing?" He wondered and I gave him a look. "Doing something with Justin." "....oh." Was all he said. That's another thing I've noticed, he was weird when Justin's name was mentioned or if he sees the background on my phone of Justin and I he freezes up and has an unreadable look on his face. "Do you have a problem with that?" I asked with sass and he shook his head "no..." "Good." I said and walked away. I don't know why, but something definitely seemed off. I felt like everyone is tense and I didn't like it one bit.

When the bell rang at the end of the day, I walked out of the school and made my way to Justin's house. It became a habit to go to his house after school. I know Justin misses going to school because he always asked me questions about math or science. Sometimes I would catch him looking into my books, which I didn't mind, because he was so eager to learn. I feel bad that he doesn't get the opportunity to learn like I do in school so I would go to his house and teach him some things like math problems or something. If it makes him happy I'll do anything. Once I reached his house, I went in without even knocking because he knows it's me. Everyday I come here and see him in the same spot, at his desk writing something. I'm convinced it's a song, but I don't ask because every time I do he tells me it's a secret. I go over to him and wrap my arms around his waist. "Hey baby." I said softly in his ear. "Hi Jason." He relaxed in my arms and we stayed there for a minute before pulling away. I went over to my book bag and pulled out my math book. "We have some math problems to do." He smirked and nodded.

After about two hours of homework and cuddling, most of it was cuddling, I had to go home before my parents were worried. "Justin I have to go." I look at him sleeping in my arms and slowly got up slowly so I wouldn't wake him up and wrote him a note saying I went home, but not without giving him a kiss. When I arrived home and the house was quiet. I opened the door to be greeted by my parents on the couch with Danny. "Mom...dad...what's going on?" I asked suspiciously and my mom got teary eyed. My dad's voice was stern "sit down Jason." I walked over to them and say in the space next to my mom and my dad spoke, "so I hear that you and Justin are dating." My face paled and I was loss of words. What do I say? "Um...yeah." Was all I said. "Is there anything else you want to say?" He asked and I shook my head. "Oh really? What about the fact that Justin is a poor boy??!! How can you do this!!??" He screamed and my mom cried more. Danny smirked and I knew he planned this all along. He wanted Justin gone from my life and I hated him for it. He told my parents the truth, but why? "You are forbidden to see him!!" He yelled even more and I was actually scared. He never yelled like this before. "B-but dad I l-love him." I stuttered. "You can't love a poor boy and that's final! Go your room now!" "Jeremy! This is not how to act! He's your sons and he can love whoever he wants." My mom stepped in. "Pattie I don't want him to do date a poor boy. You know how it will make us look. Jason, go to your room." "Dad please! I live him so much! I want a future with him and he means so much to me." I cried. "JASON GO NOW!" His voice was louder than ever and I obeyed and went to my room. I layer on my bed crying hoping I get to see Justin soon again.
🌸Poor Jason! What do you think Jason will do?
Thoughts about Danny?
Thanks for reading!🌸