Chapter 21

Justin
Ten days. It has been ten days since I've saw Jason. He hasn't texted me ever since he blew me off that one day when I suggested to go out for ice cream. I try to text him, but I don't want to feel like a clingy boyfriend. Maybe I should go over to his house to see if he's home. That wouldn't be weird, would it? Maybe it was a bad idea for us to start dating because obviously he doesn't trust me to tell me where he is half of the time. I didn't even realize that I was crying until I felt tears running down my cheeks. I don't know if I'm being over dramatic about the situation, but I hurts. He doesn't even say good morning or good night to me anymore. I think he just got bored of me. Can you blame him? I'm poor and he's rich. We shouldn't have started talking and hanging out. This just leads to a heartbreak. I wiped my tears on the sleeve of my sweatshirt. Maybe a good walk will help me clear my thoughts. I nodded to myself and go my shoes on to go for a nice quiet walk. I opened the front door and got hit with a gust of wind. Hopefully I don't get sick from this weather. I walked down the sidewalk and silently humming a tune that I don't quite remember the name of. It's dark out so it's even colder than it was this morning and now I have goosebumps. I rub my hands together to keep them nice and warm. While I'm focused on warming up my ice cold fingers, I trip on something. I fall face first onto the pavement. My nose started bleeding from being bashed onto the ground, but I didn't care about that at the moment. I was more worried on what I tripped over. My thoughts were interrupted by whining. I saw a German Shepard and it continued whining softly. I hesitated before I cautiously went up to the dog and looked to see if he had a collar on him. With my luck, he didn't and I don't know whether to leave and walk away or take him home with me. I don't have room for him or food to eat. Hell I can't even get food for my dad and I, let alone a dog! The dog just stared at me like it knew I was debating on whether I should take him with me. I kneeled down to him.

"Sorry dog, but I can't. My dad would freak out." I got up and tried to walk back to my house, but heard footsteps behind me, it was more like paws and I knew exactly what it was. I turned around to be met with the same big brown eyes. "Listen dog I can't bring you home. Plus I don't think you would like it at my house. I'm a boring person." He tilted his head and I couldn't resist how cute he looked. "Okay fine, follow me then." We both continued the journey to my house and I brought him in my bathroom to clean him up. I brought him in the tub and dumped some water on him and scrubbed him with some soap that I had. After he is all clean I dried him off with a towel. To be honest, I'm glad I brought him home. He will keep me company while my dad is at work. We went to my bedroom and I laid on my bed. The dog copied my actions and just stared at me. "I think you need a name. How about...Buddy. I like that name. What do you think?" He barked like he knew what I was saying.

Buddy and I were still laying on the bed just in silence until I heard the front door open. "Justin are you home?" I recognized that to be my dad's voice. I go up and went downstairs where my dad was. "How was your day?" I asked. "It was okay, how about you? Did Jason talk to you recently?" He replied. "My day was good and no he still hasn't talked to me ever since I asked him to go out for ice cream over a week ago." I said. "Maybe he just doesn't like ice cream." He joked and I chuckled at his attempt to make me laugh. Suddenly I heard Buddy barking and running down the stairs to where we were. My eyes widen and I was so stupid to not close my bedroom door so he couldn't get out. "What is a dog doing here Justin??!!" He screamed out of anger. I felt like I lost my voice because nothing came out. I'm so screwed! "Well...you see I was walking and I tripped over him and he followed me home. I gave him bath so he's clean. Can we keep him? Please!!" I begged and I even did the puppy dog eyes, knowing he can't say no to that. "Justin you know that I would normally say 'yeah sure I would love to have a pet' but there is one slight problem, we can't afford to take care of him. We don't even have money for a decent meal for the two of us." He explained. I pouted while doing the puppy dog eyes and I knew that he was close to saying yes. "Fine!! You win. You can keep him only if you promise to take care of him and pick a good name out for him." He smiled. "I already named him Buddy." I said "Well it looks like we have a new addition to the Bieber Family." He said as Buddy barked happily.

I woke up to something licking my face. I opened my eyes to be greeted by Buddy. "Good morning Buddy." He barked and I got up from my warm bed. I put on a pair of jeans and a gray sweater since it's cold outside. I went to my bathroom to brush my teeth and combed my hair. I walked out of the bathroom and went in the kitchen to get breakfast. My dad is working early today so he already left for work. "Well it's just you and me, Buddy." He barked and wagged his tail happily. Buddy and I shared some crackers to eat. I never had a dog or any pet so I don't know what they eat. "Come on, let's go to the lake." He ran to the front door and waited for me to open the door. We made our way to our destination and sat by the clam water. I closed my eyes and the smell of fresh air made me relax. Buddy sat by me doing the same and laid on his back. Before Buddy came along, I was lonely. My dad was constantly working and Jason was busy doing whatever. Buddy actually keeps me company and I'm glad I took him home with me. I don't feel too alone anymore. I have a friend.
🌸 I wanted Justin to have a friend so and I figured a dog would be perfect.
What do you think about Jason not talking to Justin recently?
Thanks for reading🌸