"Sakura don't you know, foreign ninja come for the chunin exams. Even the ones we don't have alliances with, how were you Kunoichi of year," Shikamaru yawned.

"Sasuke you bastard didn't I tell you not to die before we fought in the exam." Naruto walked up to him knocked him out with a punch. "That mouth of yours will be your undoing,"

Sakura went to attack Naruto but she froze rigid. "Slow down Sakura, what's the rush?" The lazy ninja asked, she looked down to see she had been caught in his jutsu.

"Ne Shino, make sure these idiots prepare themselves," Naruto hummed. "Otherwise it's going to be a bloodbath,"

"Try as I might, they won't listen. They might need trauma to learn," Shino said quietly as his bugs covered his teammates.

"Trauma," The duo said, they looked at each other and smiled. "We can do that,"

The Sand siblings observed as only the two boys remained. 

"Now that they're out of the way," Naruto said as his face morphed back into his calm nature. 

"Hey Naruto, what's the difference between all Tailed Beasts?" Shikamaru smiled at Gaara. The siblings stiffened at this.

"How do you know-" Kankuro was cut off by Naruto.

"Well, besides the number of tails, it's also they're fighting style," Naruto closed his eyes. "One Tail Shukaku is held by Gaara Subaku. Tell me Gaara didn't Shukaku tell you his Nine Tailed brother is in the Leaf," Naruto opened his eyes.

Kyuubi's eyes were on full display, Temari and Kankuro stepped back Gaara remained in his place. "That's why he was quiet when he saw you, you make Mother afraid,"

'This kid is the Nine Tail holder, you've gotta be kidding me,' Kankuro panicked internally, 'And the guy beside him doesn't seem afraid of the fact, quite the opposite,'

Naruto held out his hand for Gaara to take. "I'm not going to threaten you into submission, your just like me. Let's be friends,"

Gaara looked surprised at the idea. No one wanted to be friends with him, everyone was afraid of him. But this boy, who carries the same burden as him wanted to be friends with him. Another hand came before him, he gasped softly. It was the boy beside Naruto, he smiled just like his friend.

"If Naruto trusts you, you gain my trust. Let's be great friends,"

Gaara shook both hands, this was a whole new sensation.

"Naruto Uzumaki-Namikaze Nara,"

"Shikamaru Nara,"

"Gaara Subaku,"

Naruto looked up at the siblings who were a distance away. He smiled at them showing his kindness. "Come on you guys are our responsibility now," 

"We'll show you around the village and get something to eat," Shikamaru rubbed his eyes. 

The siblings looked at each other and followed along with the duo.

****************************************

Later after the duo left the Samd siblings they were heading home to go to the Nara forest. Naruto soon pulled Shikamaru into an alley and pushed him against the wall. He placed his face in the Nara's neck.

'What a drag, my heart's going to explode. But it's not like I can stop it and I can't push him a way. So I'm stuck, not that I mind,' Shikamaru thought as he held the blond closer. They have always been close, really close. To anyone they might be a couple, but they weren't there yet. 'Yet,' Shika thought.

"Ne Shikamaru," Naruto called softly as he pulled back to look at his friend. To him he could always see how handsome Shikamaru is. And if he was handsome now imagine when he got older. Naruto had a long fight ahead of him. 

"Hmmm," Shikamaru sounded as he licked the inside of his cheek. For as long as he could remember, it was Naruto's eyes that captured him. They were painfully bright depending on what emotion he was showing. And those emotions hammered something inside him.

"That Temari girl has a crush on you, I don't like it," Shikamaru started laughing, he noticed said girl crushing on him but he didn't care. He had his crush and they were jealous now, it made him happy. "Don't laugh at me," Naruto whined his face turning red.

"I'm sorry, it's just so cute," Shikamaru chuckled as he forced the words past his laughter. Naruto huffed and pulled away. Shikamaru pulled him back, slipping his arms around the blond's waist. "Don't be pouty and jealous. I'm all yours,"

"You shouldn't say stuff like that Shikamaru, people might get the wrong idea," Naruto looked away a pink tinge on his cheek.

"I don't care," Shikamaru said bluntly. "And you shouldn't either," He ran a hand through the blond hair pulling their faces mere inches from each other. Naruto placed his hands on his chest, he was shaking slightly due to excitement.

'Shikamaru's bold,' He thought, he stared into those dark brown eyes and knew he was hooked. 'Troublesome,'