Chapter 6

The duo headed to Training Ground 12 for Naruto to get the slip for the Chunin Exams. When they arrived the others were talking among themselves. Kurenai was explaining that they will come across shinobi who may be powerful or equal to them. Naruto was brimming with excitement while Shikamaru complained that he would have to use alot of chakra.

"I'm here and ready," Naruto said running up to his team. They smiled at the blond and Kurenai gave him the slip.

"4 days from now you must meet at the academy and go to the 3rd floor at 3pm," Kurenai instructed. "I urge you to get some extra training in, although I'm sure Naruto had you all breaking your limits time and time again. The results will soon be tested,"

"Damn right!" Kiba yelled and Ackamaru barked in agreement. Hinata blushed and twiddled her fingers together.

"Naruto has helped us grow as a team and individually, thanks alot," Hinata smiled, Naruto hugged her then Kiba and petted Ackamaru.

"You guys are the best, now me and Shikamaru have some shopping to do, I'll get you guys something for the Exam," Naruto quickly hugged his sensei and left with Shika.

****************************

Sasuke huffed as he looked at the slip, Sakura and Shino followed closely as they headed to to their usual training ground. They soon heard children screaming and someone yelling. The headed over to see Konohamaru being bullied by some foreign ninja. Sakura immediately felt angry swell inside her and approached them.

"Hey leave those kids alone, you're not from around here. You guys are from the Sand and although the Leaf and Sand have an alliance you can't enter without permission. So start talking," Sakura said smugness dripping from her voice.

The blond haired girl and the face paint boy looked at each other and laughed. The boy with the sea foam eyes just seemed to be getting angrier. 

"Didn't know the Hidden Leaf was filled with idiots," The blond laughed.

"And what's so special about this kid, he ran into us," The purple painted boy growled squeezing Konohamaru head in his grip. He began to cry about the pain, his friends started crying too.

"Picking on kids, your all such lame ninja," Sasuke smirked, provoking them. The boy with the sea foam eyes looked he was pissed a crazed smile crossing his face.

"Mother wants your blood," He said quietly, just as he was about to attack a senbon needle stabbed the boy's arm effectively releasing Konohamaru from his grip.

A sigh could be heard from behind Team 7 as Shikamaru held up a pack of senbon needles, Naruto looked bored with the situation. 

"Big brothers!," The children yelled running to Naruto and Shikamaru hiding behind them.

Naruto looked at the the three Sand ninjas with a dark glare. "Temari, Kankuro and Gaara. The children of the Kazekage,"

Kankuro pulled out the senbon wincing as he did. "Bastard if you know who we are why are you brave,"

Naruto laughed. "This kid," He ruffled Konohamaru's hair. "Is the Hokage's grandson, so my question. Do you want to go to war?" Kankuro shivered as those blue eyes turned icy.

'Well would you look at that local candy,' Temari blushed as she stared especially at the Nara. Gaara eyed Naruto cautiously, Mother was quiet, she was never quiet.

Shikamaru looked down at the kids. "Get out of here, we'll check on you guys later,"

"Thanks Brothers," They said in unison before they ran off. Konohamaru turned around. "Brothers show them the will of fire," Naruto and Shikamaru smirked as they turned back to the situation.