Part 2 - Chapter 2: Last

~~~~Tobias~~~~

I close my eyes. I take in a deep breath. I open my eyes. I look around the room. I never thought I would be back here. I stand in the doorway of my apartment, I look around, everything is the same way I left it. Bed fixed, untouched. As I walk towards it I notice something underneath the bed. I crouch down to grab it. I hold it in front of me. It's around the size of my head. It's a thick flat box. Wrapped in brown paper. Written upon it is a note from whoever left it.

"I'll see you soon. We'll be a X."

I rip off the box to see a wooden board. Surprisingly it was smooth, it had quote upon it. It read:

"If you focus on the silence,

You'll miss the choir of angels singing to you."

I place it on my bed and stand up straight. Who could it be from? Evelyn? No, it can't be. We left at Candor headquarters before we got here. Then who? Christina?

"Hey Four!" I turn to face Zeke.

"What?" I say, a little too harsh.

"I was just gonna ask," he pauses, " if you want to go to the dining hall for some cake." He says.

"Sure." I say placing the wooden board down carefully on my bed. I follow Zeke to the dining hall, I hear someone following us but I don't care to look. We reach the dinning hall and I see Uriah, Christina, Amar, George, Peter, Shauna and Cara sitting at two tables. Now that we've returned, dauntless is nearly back up and running. They all nod and greet me when I sit down. I get a piece of Cake from the middle of the table as everyone continues their conversation. I don't even notice when everyone stops talking, and stare behind me. I just stare at the cake, I wish Tris was here.

~~~~Tris~~~~

I run away from Tobias' room as fast as I can as I hear footsteps from down the hall. I get into one of the other rooms, Zeke's room.

"Hey! What-" Zeke starts to say as I slam the door. I turn to face a shirtless Zeke and press my hand onto his mouth. I glare at him in the process. I listened to hear if the person passed, I couldn't hear anything. I remove my hand from Zeke's mouth and open the door quietly. I look down the hall towards Tobias' room and see someone enter it. It's him. I close the door and turn around to face Zeke, still shirtless.

"Zeke?" I say.

"What?" He says glaring at me.

"You know what a shirt is right?" I say blushing, and looking away.

"Oh shit, sorry!" He says. "Well, I would've been wearing one if I would've known I was going to have visitors!" He finishes.

"Hey can you do me a favor?" I ask.

"Sure, what?" He replies as he puts on a black t-shirt.

"Can you get To- I mean Four to go down to the dinning hall?" I start. "I'm going to tell him I'm alive." I choke at the word alive.

"Are you sure? I mean yeah I'll do it but," he pauses. "Are you sure you want to already?"

"Ezekiel Pedrad! Of course I need to tell him now! I can't see him getting hurt any more." I say raising my voice.

"Okay!Okay!" He raises his voice, as he throws up his hands. I place my hand on my forehead. I can hear my heart beating in my ears, and I can feel it behind my eyes.

"I'm sorry Zeke," I start, "It's just that, I can't see him anymore like this." He lets his arms rest at his sides.

"Like what? Hurt?" He asks raising an eyebrow

"Yes."

"Well, no shit Tris, he thinks you're dead. He thinks you've been dead." He says raising his hands in the air.

"That's why I need you to do this!" I say almost laughing.

"Fine." He says glaring at me, as he walks to the door.

"Thank you." I whisper. Then he's out of the room, and the door closes. That's when I began to panic. My heart is beating faster and faster. My breathing is uneven. My eyes are beginning to water. I can barely stand. So I lean against a chair. Then I remember the gift I left Tobias in his room. It was a smooth piece of wood with a quote on it. I placed it underneath his bed. I began to hope he saw it.

Then I stand up straight, my breathing slightly normal and crack the door open. I see Tobias follow Zeke down the hall, and decide to follow, not too close nor too far. I follow them until they reach the dining hall, they both sit down at the tables with our friends. I wait at the dining hall entrance scared. My hands are shaking so much that I grabbed a handful of my shirt, and I start to walk towards Tobias, his back facing towards me. I walk slowly and everyone at the table stops talking and look at me. I open my mouth but nothing comes out. I take a deep breath in.

"Tobias" I manage to say, as I see his body straighten.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Ya'll saw the reference from my other upcoming book? ARE YOU GUYS EXCITED FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER? IF SO, GOOD B/C it's really good, and really longgggggggggggggg. LIKE REALLY LONG AND REALLY GOOD! THANK YOU FOR CONTINUING TO READ MY STORIES! DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT, VOTE, AND FOLLOW! I LOVE YOU ALL! STAY PURE!

~4xtris