Part 1 - Chapter 3: Scars

~~~~Tris~~~~

"She attacked me!" Marcus screams at Johana, narrowing his eyes on me.

"Marcus we aren't only trying you for what you did to Tris, but what you also did to Eveyln and Fo- Tobias Eaton." Johana says in a calm voice.

"I've already been tried for that!"

"Yes, by the previous leader." She says walking in front of Marcus. Johana is now the leader of the city? Evelyn stepped down? Why?

"Oh what now? You think you're the leader now?" Marcus spits.

"Yes-"

"You're just a power hungry, selfish, bitch!" Marcus yells, surprising everybody in the room. It shocked me. I've never heard anyone from Abnegation say a word like that. Never. His face grows with anger.

"Marcus," Johana continues in as if nothing happened, "please refrain from using that kind of language."

"Screw you! I really would've hoped that your husband would've finished you off." He yelled so loud that his voice was becoming raspy. What did he mean? Johana had a husband?

"Marcus! Don't you ever disrespect me like that ever!" She yells back. It's the only time I've heard you not use a calm polite voice.

"Oh Johana just tell them!" He yells, putting his hands out in front of him, motioning to us. "Tell them who your husband was! Tell them!"

"Marcus you've pleaded guilty for your crimes. Your crimes include, abusing your Wife and Son, and abusing your state of power." Johana says, returning to a calm voice.

"Oh bullshit!"

"Your punishment is that when we rebuild our city; you will not have any kind of authority of any sort. You won't be allowed to have children in your presence. If the faction system returns," She pauses, "You'll live factionless." With that Johana walks out of the room. I quickly follow her.

"You'll regret this Tris!" I hear Marcus yell.

"Tris." Phebe says behind me.

"Give me a second." I reply. I run towards the door and see Johana walking fast.

"Johana!" I say. She turns to face me teary-eyed. Her scar is showing now.

"Is it true?" I ask.

"Yes."

"Who was it? Who was your husband?"

"Mar-Marcus' older brother." She finished. Marcus' older brother?

"Marcus doesn't have an older brother."

"Now he doesn't." I then understand what she means.

"Arthur," she starts. "His name was Arthur. He did this to me." she says raising her head. The scar. The made the scar. Johana turns around and walks away.

Marcus' brother may be dead, but his memories still live on her face. Her scar, no- not her scar. But his. He has left his mark upon her. Just like Marcus left his mark upon Tobias. Tobias!

I start to run towards the control room. The only way I can see him.

༺═──────────────═༻

~~~~Rachel~~~~

"You're preparing to leave?" I ask. "Back to the city?" she says with her mouth full. We came to the dining hall to get something to eat.

"Yes." Christina says.

"When?" I look at my food, despising it.

"Tomorrow."

"But what about Tris, Four, Uriah and Peter?"

"I'm going to tell them today." Christina says.

"Tell them what?" I hear a voice behind me say. I turn to face man in a wheelchair, Amar. I look down towards where his legs are supposed to be. But instead of flesh, there's just sadness and sorrow.

"Christina is getting a group together to go back to the city with Johana."

"Really? Why?" Amar asks, turning his attention to Christina.

"I heard they're going to try to rebuild." Christina says.

"I can't go." I say.

"Why not?" Christina says, raising an eyebrow.

"I'm going to head to another experiment site. To stop them."

"How are you going to stop them?" Amar asks.

"Are you doubting me?" I ask.

"Yes. What about your brother?"

"He's going with me."

"You're not going to be able to do it."

"You don't even know what I'm capable of."

"Not but I know you're not capable of stopping a whole experiment."

"You know what I am capable of though?" I ask with a smirk.

"What?" He asks.

"Walking away." I say. Christina and I start laughing.

"That's not funny." Amar says.

"Then why are you smiling?"

"I'm- fine it's pretty funny." He says and begins to laugh.

I may be laughing outside, but inside I'm terrified. Terrified of what comes next.

༺═──────────────═༻

~~~Tobias~~~~

"Do you need anything? Water, food, need to use the restroom? Anything?" Eveyln asks, holding my hand. I don't answer because I'm thinking about my father's hearing. They say he came to see me but he attacked one of the guards. So they put him on trial. Not only for the attack against the guard but for what he did in the city.

"Tobias!" My mother yells, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"What?"

"Do you need anything?"

"No I'm fine. What happened to Nita?" I ask. When I woke up I didn't remember how I got here. The last thing I remember is going zip-lining and spreading Tris' ashes. But I guess Nita planed to kill me, along with Matthew.

"She's," Eveyln pauses. "Dead." I nod.

"Who killed her?"

"Matthews sister" She says as he hesitates. She's lying. But why?

"Listen Christina told me that she's going back to the city with Johana. She asked if we wanted to go-"

"Yes." I interrupt her.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes," I say,"I can't stand being here any longer."

"Ok. I'll tell her."

"When are they leaving?" I ask.

"Tomorrow." With that she's gone.

Tears start to build up in my eyes. I miss her. I want her here. Tris. My Tris. I miss her so much.

I feel a warm tear run down my cheek. I can't forget her. I won't forget her. I'll always love her.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

THIS CHAPTER WAS GOING TO BE POSTED THURSDAY! BUT HERE YA GO! HOW ARE YOU DOING? ARE YOU BORED? DO YOU NEED SOMEONE TO TALK TO? I'M HERE FOUR YOU! I LOVE YOU ALL! STAY PURE!