Part 2 - Chapter 1: City Lights

~~~~Tobias~~~~

I place my forehead against the cold window of the Amity truck, and stare into nearly nothing. The demolished building that we pass, remains of The Purity War. Remains of the humanity that we've lost. Remains of the people who used to roam around these streets. Now all that's left is the shell of what humanity used to be. I remove my head from the window, and see my reflection. I may have been passing these demolished buildings, but I now realize that I'm the same as them. Broken from war. Dark from the lack of light. A skeleton of what used to be bright and sunny, now I'm just a shell. With nothing to hold on to, on the verge of collapsing. There was once where these buildings stood strong and so did I. But war had touched them, as it did to me, as it did to everybody.

"Stiff?" I hear someone say from behind me. I turn to face the person, I turn to face Amar. "Did you hear me?" I shake my head. "Are you going back to the Dauntless compound?" I pause and think. I look at Eveyln.

"Where are you going?" I ask. She lifts her shoulders.

"Wherever you go." She replies. I turn back to Amar, I nod.

"Yes I'm going back to Dauntless."

"Great," George starts, "So are we." George and Amar look at each other and hold hands. My eyes widen, and I turn back around. I've seen... couples like them in Dauntless, but I never knew any of them. Well other than Lynn. I've known Amar for years, well I can't say that because I thought he was dead but I thought I knew him. Then I remember the way he looked at me. As if he was studying me. Did he like me? I shake my head to remove the thought. I place my head back onto the window and stare at the city now lit up. No one's supposed to keep their lights on but times are different now. With no Faction system, there's no rules. I continue to stare in front of me. The lights of the city become brighter. Tris would've liked to see this. Maybe she is seeing this. Maybe she's with me. Maybe there's hope now that the war is over. Maybe we can all start over.

~~~~Amar~~~~

"Yes I'm going back to Dauntless." Tobias says.

"Great," George starts, "So are we." George looks at me, and grabs my hand. I stay still for a second sure that Tobias saw him. He now knows. But he doesn't know about my feelings for him, about the feelings that I had for him. Tobias turns back around facing the bright city in front of us. But Georege continues to stare at me. His face inches from mine. I can feel the warmth of his breath on my face. He comes closer and his lips touch mine. As soon as they make contact, I feel a shiver down my spine and I know that it's not because of the cold air outside. I feel his tongue exploring the inside of my mouth and my tongue doing the same. I place my hand on his cheek pushing his face into mine. I may have lost my legs. I may have lost a part of my body, but he somehow fills in that gap. He completes me. He loves me. I love him.

~~~~Tris~~~~

An hour has passed since we've left the Bureau. I sit next to Uriah. My eyelids become heavy. "Hey Tris." Uriah says. I sit straight up. I rub my eyes to stay awake.

"Yeah." I say clearing my throat.

"So whenever you tell Four that you're, you know," He pauses. "Alive. Do you want to party?"

"What do you mean?" I ask

"I mean like when this war is over, do you want to celebrate?"

"Oh my god, Uriah you're thinking of partying?" I ask, raising my voice. "Sorry Uri but I have bigger things to worry about like how the heck am I supposed to tell Tobias that I'm alive!" My eyes are watery. Uriah looked at me in shock, I just screamed at him. "I'm sorry Uri, it's just, a lot of things are happening right now."

"It's fine, I underst- I mean I really don't understand because I've never died, or anything like that-"

"Yes, Uriah. I would like to party after this is over." I say, cutting him off.

"Really?"

"Yes." I say blinking the tears away. I stare in front of me. I state at the city's lights. I'm going back home. Not to Abnegation or to Dauntless. But to Tobias, he's my home.

"Do you know how to play Candor or Dauntless?" Uriah asks.

"No." I reply, "I never really played any games."

"Well then it's going to be a Candor Or Dauntless party." He says.

I continue to stare in front of me. The lights glimmer. All I see is pure beauty. All I see is peace.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

If the kiss between Amar and George made you uncomfortable I'm so deeply sorry. I should've warned you guys about it. So I'm going to warn you in advance that there will be (NOT A VERY DETAILED) sex scene between a male and female. Once again sorry. I understand if you don't continue reading. If you're fine with it then please continue reading the story. Thank You! I might update tomorrow! Don't forget to comment, vote, and follow! I LOVE YOU ALL! STAY PURE!

~4xtris