Part 1 - Chapter 4: Struggle

~~~~Tobias~~~~

"Are you ready?" Eveyln asks me.

"Yes"

"This is going to be the first time you walk in weeks. So take it easy." Dr. Coin says, with a worried look.

"I'll be fine." I reply

"I'm sure you'll be just don't-"

"Don't what?" I ask, as I smoothly push my legs over the edge of the bed. "Jump on a train?"

"Yes." She replies with a smirk. Once I feel my feet touch the cool solid ground, I realize I don't have any socks or shoes.

"Evelyn?" I say.

"Yes?"

"My feet are cold."

"I'll get you some socks and shoes." She replies and leaves the room. Then there's just silence as Dr. Coin looks at her clipboard.

"Thank you." I break the silence.

"For what?" She replies without looking up.

"Helping me."

"It's just my job." She replies.

"Well, thank you for doing your job." I say with a smirk. With that she looks up at me, and smiles. Eveyln rushes in, and helps me put on the socks and shoes.

"They're waiting outside." She says looking at me, smiling. I no longer see the woman that left me. I no longer see the woman that faked her death. I no longer see the woman that was punched and held against a wall in our abnegation home. I no longer see the woman that held so much pain. I no longer see Eveyln Eaton.

"Well, let's go," I start. I stand up completely and begin to walk. "Mom." I now see my Mother.

~~~~Tris~~~~

"So you're not going back to the city?" I ask. Staring at the screen in front of me. The control room is so cold, it makes my hands feel numb. Tobias is walking. He's leaving, with Eveyln.

"Yes. I'm going to one of the other experiments." Rachel says.

"Why?"

"So this," she says, putting her arms out around her. "Doesn't happen again."

"Matthew's going with you?"

"Yes." She says. Since the day after Celeb died, I haven't been able to look at her in the eyes. She somehow reminds me of him.

"Did you love him?" I ask.

"Who?"

"Celeb." I say, looking away from the screen to face her.

"Yes." She says look towards the ground. "He," She pauses. "He kissed me before he went in to save you."

"Really?" Celeb? Kissing someone? I look at her with my eyes wide.

"Yup!" She smiles.

"Oh my- Was it the first time?" I ask. I've turned into a girl, just like when Christina told me that she kissed Will. Will.

"No." She says.

"Wow." Is all I could say.

"What?"

"I just- I can't believe it." I couldn't imagine Celeb kissing anyone. Well, maybe Susan.

"We- we had a thing in Erudite." She says, I can tell she's remembering.

"Oh really?" Suddenly I'm interested in my brother's love life.

"Yeah." Then her face saddens. She remembering his lifeless body laying in a pool of his own blood. I look back at the screen and see Tobias is getting into an Amity truck.

"When are you leaving?" I ask.

"I'm a few minutes, just wanted to say goodbye." I turn to face her. I stand up and begin to leave the control room.

"Come with me." I say, and she begins to follow. I walk to where I've been sleeping, although most nights are sleepless. I open the drawer they provided for me. I bring out a Silver Urn. With the Abnegation symbol engraved, and the name, Celeb Prior. I kiss it, and hand it to Rachel.

"His ashes?" She asks. I nod.

"Take care of him." I feel tears building up in my eyes.

"What? No Beatrice you should keep these."

"No, I have a lifetime full of memories from him. That's enough for me to remember him." I say, and I feel something crawl down my cheek, a tear.

"Are you sure?" Her eyes begin to water.

"Yes," I choke, "I'm sure." She takes the urn in her hands. She looks at it then at me, she walks towards me and hugs me. I return the embrace.

"Tris?" I hear a voice say from the doorway. I look and I see Christina. "Four just left, In about an hour you'll be able to go to the city."

"Okay." I say.

"And the doctors told me to tell you that since Four is somewhat stable," She pauses. "-that you'll be able to tell him that you're alive in a day or two." My heart begins to beat, tears begin to spill out more. I crumble to my knees. Both Christina and Rachel struggle to help me up and sit me on my bed. He'll know. He'll finally know. He'll know that I'm alive. He'll know that I'm not dead. He'll know that I'm here. He'll know that I still love him. He'll know. He'll know.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

THANK YOU! FOR CONTINUING TO READ! I LOVE YOU ALL! EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. OF. YOU. STAY PURE!

[CHECK OUT THE SNEAK PEEK FOR MY NEXT BOOK AFTER THE ASSURGENT SERIES!]

[*HINT* go to my works *HINT*

[*HINT* click on coming soon *HINT*]

[*HINT* scroll all the way to the bottom, #savethedate *HINT*]