Price

Amity POV

I held Luz tightly as we flew toward the restaurant I had gotten us reservations at. I still had no idea what the vision I had meant, was it something that was going to happen? Or was my own mind going against me? I didn't know what to make of it, but I knew I shouldn't worry Luz about it. After all the main subject of my vision was her dying, and she was handling it better than me. I suppose it just goes to show how amazing she is, but knowing Luz she's probably pushing her fear or thoughts about it down so she can focus on me.

I'd have to ask her about that later, but before we knew it we had arrived at the restaurant and Luz tapped my shoulder saying " Hey Amityyyyyy, wake up we're hereeeee. " she said childishly, I chuckled a bit getting off the staff. We entered the building and I walked up to the person at the front desk asking about our reservation, he checked through a small list until he said " Reservation for two under Blight?" I nodded and he lead me and Luz to our table.

Once he laid out the menus we both took our seats as he grabbed a small notebook out of his pocket saying " What will you two be having to drink today?" Luz thought for a moment then said " Water, water sounds good. " I thought for a couple moments before I said " hey Luz, how about we get some wine? It'd be nice to unwind a bit. " Luz looked a bit worried for a couple of moments before saying " Amity, are you sure? " I nodded saying " It'll be fine, Owlbert can fly on his own right?" Luz nodded silently as I looked over to the waiter saying " Then it's settled, two glasses of wine please. "

The waiter nodded and walked away, I picked up the menu before I heard Luz say " Amity, I'm not sure if after everything that happened today using a drink as an anti-stress method is a good idea. " I could tell Luz was a bit upset, I just wanted to get our minds off it. I couldn't blame her but I didn't want her thinking about me seeing her own death, I calmly said " Luz, it'll be fine. It would just be nice for it to not be on our minds for a while, besides who says what happened earlier would stop us from having a nice evening?"

Luz sighed, but then she slightly smiled saying " I guess it's alright, after all I don't exactly want to be thinking about what happened either. " I smiled toward her as I heard from chatting from the table next to us, I decided not to look but I could hear them saying things about us. I deeply exhaled from my nose calming down, I know Luz probably heard it as well but before I could take action our waiter walked up with two glasses and a bottle of wine. He had a polite smile on his face as he looked at the two people at the table next to us, then back to us saying " I'm sorry, would you like a privacy cover? Or perhaps a change of tables?"

He was really polite and thoughtful, I'm glad for it too. I politely smiled but turned to Luz and said " What do you wanna do? " Luz twiddled with her fingers for a moment before asking " Does the privacy cover, well, cover up the whole side of the table?" He nodded, Luz slightly smiled as she said " That'll work. " He quickly walked toward the front desk grabbing one and brought it back to us, before he set it up he took out the small notebook saying " What'll you two be having for dinner?"

Luz brightly smiled as she handed him her menu saying " I'll have the Talitin soup and a side of salad with flying Buffalo cheese. " He quickly wrote it down before looking toward me asking " And you?" I handed him my menu as well saying " I'll have the Tato Parmesan with some bread on the side. " He nodded writing it down, he then said " It'll be ready in a jiffy, let me know if anything happens. " he then put the privacy cover into place and we heard his footsteps walk away.

Luz grabbed the bottle first pouring a small amount for me and her, I was about to ask her before she said " I'm going to keep you in check, I would be lying if I said that I didn't want any. But that doesn't mean I'm gonna let you drink yourself away. " I couldn't hold back my smile, I knew she cared for me but it's always nice to hear someone say something like that. I sipped from my wine for a moment before I heard a knocking on the privacy door and I almost chocked out of shock. I then put my glass on the table and opened up the privacy cover and saw our waiter holding our food.

I fully opened it up so he could put the plates down and he also put a small piece of paper, which I knew was the bill down on the table saying " Just walk up to the front desk once you're ready to pay. " We both nodded and he put the privacy cover back into place, Luz and I both ate in slight silence. We both had been tired from the missions today so we must've been focused on eating. Eventually toward the end we focused on finishing off the wine, I drank a bit more than Luz but she stopped me from getting any more.

I made my way to the front desk almost missing some of my steps, the effects must've been starting to kick in. I opened up my purse and paid for the meal while giving our waiter a good tip, I made my way outside with Luz following me. She looked more fine than me but still a bit off, I was able to get onto the staff and so did Luz. She then said " Owlbert, go on autopilot, we're going back home. "