~CHAPTER 20: HAPPILY EVER AFTER... OR IS IT?~

Start from the beginning

Sighing, she accepted and allowed me to pull her up and close "I hate when you call me that."

Smirking, I spun her around "You truly don't. We both know that."

Rose rolled her eyes at me and I pulled her closer to me, saying "Nah-ah! Since you're making such a big fuss about my birthday, then you'll have to put up with me. So no eye rolling at me, Rosie."

The taller girl shook her head instead, but spun me around towards Alice. The three of us continued dancing around until we were laughing together, as Rosalie finally said.

"Alright, we need to get you ready Thea."

I nodded, while Alice pouted for a second before dragging me towards the chair.

After an hour, the girls stopped styling me. Truth to be told, it started to be fun some time ago. I realized that it's how Alice shows that she cares and how Rosalie tries to get more involved. So during my recovery, I allowed them to have at least one night where I was their oversized barbie doll. Much to their delight and the other's amusement.

Honestly Jasper was only slightly annoyed when I came around and instantly got abducted by the girls, but in the end, I knew that he was happy to see me being embraced by his family.

I bit my lip and looked up at both girls getting up from the chair "So... can I get a look at myself now?"

"Not yet!" Alice responded, before taking my hand and leading me to her walk-in closet "You need to get dressed first!"

Looking down at my everyday outfit, I sighed "Well... we can't do anything by half measures right?"

"Exactly!" Alice stated, while continuing on dragging me as Rosalie silently followed. Soon, Alice stopped by a clothes rag and held out a familiar dress "Here. I hope that you don't mind me sneaking in and grabbing it."

It was the emerald green dress that we got in Port-Angeles all those months ago. To be honest, I completely forgot about it.

"Oh, no... it's fine. To be honest, I forgot that I have it."

"We didn't." Rosalie said, sending me a slight smirk.

I chuckled and accepted the dress from Alice, as both vampires quickly left, leaving me to put on the dress. But before I did, I just stared at the dress, taking it in.

It was really pretty... mid length, richly coloured satin-like material, with a v neckline and thin straps. Seeing how it was the middle of June, it was finally starting to get warm enough to wear stuff like this.

"Well... it would be a shame to not wear it, huh?" I whispered to myself, before slowly undressing.

Soon I walked out of the closet, wearing the black pointy flats that Alice left for me along with the dress.

"So uh, what do you think?" I asked, gaining the girls' attention.

"Oh woah..." Alice said in awe, before squealing and disappearing, only saying something about getting a camera.

Rosalie smiled and walked over, fixing my straightened hair a bit "You look gorgeous."

I turned a bit red, but still smiled "Thank you..."

She nodded and led me towards the big mirror in the room that Alice covered with a sheet. Wanting to surprise me with the results.

"This is a bit ridiculous, but... oh well." Rosalie commented, before pulling the sheet away, revealing my reflection.

"Oh." was the only thing that came out of my mouth, as all of my brain cells decided to jump out the window.

I looked... beautiful. It was shocking, honestly... not that I thought that I was ugly. I was fine, average but today... I truly felt and looked beautiful.