~CHAPTER 11: PART OF FAMILY~

(edited: 16

(edited: 16.08.22)

SCREAM ripped through my throat, as I woke up from another nightmare. I was breathing heavily, when I heard someone run down the hallway, the door to my room swung open as Charlie stood there with his rifle.

"Thea? Are you okay? What's going on?!" he asked while looking around the room.

I let out a sigh saying "I-I'm okay, just another nightmare. You can go back to sleep."

Charlie shook his head and put his rifle on the ground, as he sat at the edge of my bed looking worried "You're scaring me kid... I thought that the nightmares were getting better as you started going to school. But now you're distancing yourself from everyone and you stopped going to school... you need to tell me what's wrong kid."

"I'm fine... it's just better for me to stay away." I mumbled, trying not to cry like I did for the last two days.

"No, it's not." snapped Charlie, looking desperate and concerned "That's it. You're going to school today Dorothea, you need to spend time with your friends."

I looked away knowing that when Charlie used my whole name, it was the end of discussion. He stood up, took his rifle and said "And turn on your phone finally, I'm done with sending that poor Alice girl away. You will talk to her today." with that he left, going back to bed.

I fell back on my bed, feeling completely helpless and weak. After about half an hour, I looked at the clock and saw that it was 5 AM. I got up with a sigh and went to have a shower. Then back in my room, I just sat on the bed glaring at my phone.

"If you keep staring at your phone like that, I'm pretty sure it will burst on fire." I turned towards the door to see Bella looking at me in pity and worry, making me feel pissed off. So I got up from the bed and started looking for some clothes, as I was only wearing underwear and bathrobe right now "Oh, the silent treatment? That's nice, didn't know that I was on your blacklist as well." commented Bella once more, making me slam my fist into a wall next to the dresser, before turning towards her asking.

"What do you want from me, Bella?" I whispered, feeling beyond tired.

"I know what they are." Bella stated, eyeing me and waiting for a reaction.

I looked up, focusing on her before sighing "Did they tell you?"

"No, I found out on my own. Edward confirmed it... but you knew longer didn't you?" Bella pressed.

"I did. I was the... test run in a way. It didn't go so well with me so I supposed they changed tactics." I explained, while getting up to look for some clothes.

Bella huffed "I could've handled it."

This struck me, as Bella had no idea what a shock it was. I took a deep breath and just waved her off "I don't want to argue, Bella. You know now and it's all cool."