~CHAPTER 6: ACCIDENT~

(edited: 16

(edited: 16.08.22)

WE stayed in Jasper's room, looking over his book collection, finding out that we had similar tastes. I felt my heart flutter every time I thought about how it felt to be around Jasper. I felt so safe and calm, it was as if there was nothing but us, I've never felt this way about anyone. It all confused me, maybe it was just like this because I usually preferred to be alone.

Then Esme came back and I proposed to go down stairs and help her out. As I was thinking, Jasper led me down stairs where Esme was preparing the meal. She looked at us and smiled warmly asking "Did you have fun?"

I blushed, thinking back to what happened between me and Jasper and decided that I wouldn't call it fun but embarrassing. Honestly I cried like a kid in front of Jasper, he must've been dying from secondhand embarrassment.

"Yes, your house is very beautiful. Jasper told me that you made the house plan." I answered by trying to change the subject.

Esme's eyes brightened, as she sent a smile towards Jasper "Yes, I did. I'm quite interested in architecture and design. I find it really relaxing."

"I'm interested in architecture as well, I mean I enjoy looking at it like it's art. But, I like the old style of architecture, like buildings in Paris or New Orleans." I said, while taking a seat at the kitchen island while Jasper was leaning on it.

"You've been to Paris or New Orleans?" Jasper asked in interest.

I shook my head "No, but when I was a kid, my dad and I would watch a TV show, where people were traveling all over the world and showed the different cultures and architecture." I saw a slight look of compassion appear on Jasper's face, but I continued "Ever since then I wanted to travel, but now I just want to move away from here."

Esme gave me a sad smile and asked "And where would you like to move?"

Before I could answer, my phone started ringing. I looked at it just to see Charlie calling, then I glanced at Esme and Jasper "I'm sorry, it's Charlie."

"Of course, pick up. If he's upset about school, tell him to give me a call. I'll explain the situation." Esme proposed with a kind smile.

I nodded and picked up "Hello?"

"Thea?! Oh thank god! Where are you? You weren't at school, I thought that—" yelled Charlie, sounding concerned.

"I'm at my friend's house, I'm safe Charlie. What happened?" I asked, getting up from the chair walking a bit away.

"It's Bella, she had an accident. Oh god, I'm on my way to the hospital now, I thought that something happened to you too!" he yelled, the desperation and concern clear in his voice.

My heart stopped at his words "What?! Wha-what do you mean by accident?! Is she okay?"

"I-I don't know kid, can you get to the hospital?"