~CHAPTER 8: VAMPIRES?~

(edited: 16

(edited: 16.08.22)

COLD surrounded me as I regained my consciousness. I opened my eyes just to see Alice at my side and Jasper sitting at an armchair in the room. Alice's eyes were watching me like a hawk, while Jasper was looking at the floor.

I let out a groan and sat up, asking in a hoarse voice "What, what happened?"

Alice smiled at me softly "You had a panic attack, and then you passed out. Carlisle stabilized you, he said that you should be fine."

Suddenly all the memories came back to me, making me realize that I was surrounded by vampires. My heart beat sped up, but this time I calmed it down by taking a couple of deep breaths. Then I looked at Alice who looked at me with hope, while Jasper was glaring at the floor, not meeting my gaze.

I let out a sigh and tried to joke "Well... I guess sending me into an early grave wasn't a part of your plan."

Alice shook her head and took my hand, saying "We would never hurt you! You're like a sister to me, Thea."

I smiled softly and squeezed her cold hand "I know, Ali."

At the sound of my nickname for her, Alice looked ready to cry as she jumped and hugged me tightly. I stiffened a bit as her cold face was right at my neck, but I made myself relax knowing that it was Alice. My Ali.

After a few moments she pulled back "I knew that you'll accept us! I'll go tell the others, while you two will have a talk." with that she disappeared from the room in a blur. That's when I recognised the green walls and noticed that I was indeed in Jasper's room.

Speaking of Jasper. He still didn't look at me, I sighed "Jasper?"

At the sound of his own name, the wooden armrests that Jasper was holding on to snapped, making me flinch slightly. I swallowed and got up from the bed slowly walking towards Jasper, just as I was close enough to touch him he finally said something.

"You reek of fear."

His voice was tight and angry, making me flinch again. I watched my hands tremble, only further proving his point. Sighing, I sat down on the floor keeping a bit of a distance from Jasper to make him feel more comfortable.

"You're right, I am afraid. But I also know that you didn't lie to me, when you said that you wouldn't hurt me."

Jasper let out a bitter laugh "How can you be so sure? I'm a murder, a monster. If I wanted, I could end your life in a matter of seconds."

"I know." I admitted, rubbing my knuckles and looking out of the huge window "And that terrifies me. Just like that, I would never walk back home..."

From the corner of my eye, I could see that Jasper raised his head and looked at me "Then why aren't you running?"

I turned to face him and looked into his black eyes saying "Because I know that would mean... that I would be alone again. It would mean losing you." Jasper's eyes widened and seemed to get some gold in them, and so I continued.