~CHAPTER 5: A PROMISE~

(edited: 15

(edited: 15.08.22)

ONCE the sun came up, I got out of my bed feeling oddly well rested, as I only woke up three times tonight. I looked in the mirror and saw that the shadows under my eyes were looking a bit better than normally, which made me smile a bit. I went to open my window, smiling as the scent of rain filled my room.

For a while I just stood next to the window enjoying the scent, but hearing my phone ring I frowned and went to pick it up. I noticed that it was Alice.

"Hello?" I asked, feeling confused as to why she would call me at six in the morning.

"Hi! I hope that I didn't wake you up?" Alice greeted, sounding excited for some reason.

"No, I just got up." I answered, feeling slightly nervous after our last conversation.

"Good! Now, it's time to get serious." she said in a serious voice, making me feel worried.

"What do you mean?" I asked, silently cursing myself for my outburst back in the car on Saturday. I should've acted like I'm fine and not gotten defensive.

"You need my help!"

"With what?"

I heard her bell-like laugh "With getting ready for today! We can't have all these clothes go to waste. So, I want you to wear the dark blue dress today. You can pair it up with the black boots and some tights, so you won't get too cold. Then try and put on at least some make up, like I explained to you at the store."

"Wait, why should I get so... dressed up?" I asked with a frown, not really feeling like doing all that.

"You're not getting dressed up! You, young lady, are becoming a fashionable young woman!"

"Yeah... sure, Alice." I answered with a snort.

"Okay, enough with the sarcasm! You have a lot of work to do! I expect to see you at the parking lot before school!" with that she hung up, leaving me confused.

Sighing I put down my phone and went to take a shower, after that I returned to my room. With a sigh I dressed in the clothes that Alice told me to wear, although I put on a t-shirt underneath the dress. Then I applied some mascara and lip gloss. I left my short hair alone, not feeling the need to do more.

I took my backpack and went to the kitchen to make myself some coffee.

"Morning." I greeted Charlie, who was just leaving for work.

"Yeah, hey kid." he said looking up from zipping his jacket, before looking up again in shock "Wow, and what's got you so dressed up?"

I blushed and played with the long skirt of the dress "My friend.. she, uh wanted me to wear this today."

"Oh... that's em... nice. Okay kiddo have a nice day, I've got to go." awkwardly responded Charlie, but before shutting the door he said "You look really pretty, Thea. But do wear a jacket." and with that said, he was gone.