𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙮 𝙤𝙣𝙚

real life

"Hello Stevie. Welcome to The Story So Far. So. You're 23 years old?" Ali Plumb introduced the interview. Her agent had called her after the Sheffield concert to tell her that Ali had heard that she was going to be in London and wanted to interview her for BBC Radio One.

"Hi. Yes." She smiled, nodding. She had met Ali before whilst doing press for Little Women. He had spent the entire interview fawning over Stevie's work when Timothée was sat right next to her. He was possibly the most polite interviewer she had ever had.

"You had your debut in The Nice Guys in 2016, you then starred in Novitiate, had minor roles in Assassination Nation and Fighting With My Family. Then more starring roles in Outlaw King, Midsommar and Little Women. You're in HBO's Euphoria. This year you are starring alongside Scarlett Johansen in Black Widow and finally you are working with Gia Coppola on Mainstream." He recited her entire showreel to her.

"Yes." Stevie nodded.

"So. My question is: Have you ever had a day off?" He joked.

Stevie laughed loudly and relaxed a little into her chair. "I don't really like to take days off."

"Not even weekends?" He raised an eyebrow at her.

"Especially not weekends!" Stevie shook her head, still chuckling. "Weekends are so boring. I love being busy, I'm a very energetic person."

"I did actually see on Twitter a fan asked you where you lived and you just replied nowhere."

"I mean at the time I didn't actually live anywhere. All of my stuff was at my parent's house because I wasn't ever staying anywhere long enough to warrant paying for a place to stay there." She explained.

"Well, that's even true now, isn't it?" He enquired, raising an eyebrow at her.

"Yes, but I do have a bedroom now, in a flat with my friends Charlotte and Lily in New York. But like right now I'm living on a tour bus." She nodded, smiling.

"Right, this is something I wanted to ask you before we get on to talking about your films. What is singing to you? Are you breaking away from acting? Are you just going to be a singer now or?" He spoke with his hands a lot.

"No. I know that I want to keep acting as long as I can. That's my priority. I'm just taking a little break from it for now. As you said, I haven't really had a break since I started. Singing and making music, for me, it's a creative outlet definitely, but not a career."

"Well, as much as I love your music, I love your films more so I'm very happy about that."

"Thank you!" Stevie blushed.

"So, I want to start at the beginning. You went to the Fame school, right?" Ali enquired.

"Yes. I went to La Guardia." She confirmed.

"Did you ever feel a certain pressure going to a school like that?" He raised an eyebrow at her.

"Definitely. It's weird looking around your math class and thinking everyone here has the exact same dream, the exact same career aspiration. It really forces you to self-reflect constantly. You are always thinking, what will set me apart from them? Why would someone want to hire me over my lab partner? It's crazy." Stevie explained, shaking her head in disbelief.