𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

real life

Although Stevie was on her day off, she had decided that she would rather come and watch the scenes for the day, instead of just lying in bed on her phone. Phones were forbidden on Greta's sets, so Stevie had been completely engrossed in the story and felt as if she was watching a play because of how little takes were needed by such a professional cast.

They had just moved on to the scene were Laurie confesses his love to Jo and Stevie was taking a quiet smugness in watching Timothée get rejected over and over.

She wasn't 100% sure what she thought about him just yet. She had made an effort to keep him at an arms length in hopes that when she finished filming the movie that she could just move on with her life and not have to talk to him again. But he was funny and polite and Stevie found herself smiling when he spoke and taking a small pleasure in his presence.

"It would be a disaster if we were to marry!" Saoirse shouted at the boy.

"It wouldn't be a disaster, Jo!" Timothée interjected.

"We'd be miserable." She argued.

"We wouldn't, Jo! I'd be a perfect saint!" He threw back at her.

"Okay, can we stop there for now?" Greta directed and Stevie gave a small round of applause, earning a bashful grin from Timothée. "I think that's a good place to finish for the day."

"Finish?" Stevie argued, wholly captivated by the storyline. "It's barely 2."

"Yeah, but it's Friday and everyone deserves the evening off. Plus you have a guest." Greta grinned at Stevie.

"A guest?" She raised an eyebrow at Greta, before whipping her head around to see her brother Sonny stood, blending in with the crew. "Oh my god! Sonny!" Stevie ran over and engulfed her brother in a hug. She hated to admit it but she had started to miss home slightly. It was something to do with spending time with Timothée, she thought.

"Sonny, bro." Timothée approached the pair and gave him a quick hug.

"Timmy! Thank you so much for keeping it a secret." Sonny beamed.

"You knew?!" Stevie turned to look at Timothée, who stood with a knowing grin stretched across his lips.

"Of course." Sonny interrupted. "I'm not just here for you. Timmy's my friend as well. Plus someone had to tell me when your day off was."

...

"Now, for the juicy stuff: How are things with Timothée?" Sonny questioned, overflowing with excitement like a kid on Christmas.

Stevie sighed from the sink of the AirBnB kitchen where she was draining boiled vegetables. "Fine. Literally fine and nothing more."

"Okay, Mrs Defensive. I was just asking a question." He held his hands up in surrender.

"Yeah and I was just answering it." She fired back, a smirk curling at the edge of her lip. "We're friendly but not friends. We keep our distance but we aren't hostile. It suits me just fine."

Sonny eyed his sister, amused by her naïveté. "You haven't filmed any scenes just the two of you yet have you?"

"No. Why?" Stevie snapped.

"Just wait." He shook his head. "You're a good actress, Steve. But not even the best of the best can hide it when the cracks start to show."

"Well hello Elgort siblings! How are we on this fine evening?" Saoirse announced as she entered the kitchen, Timothée trailing behind her.

"Never felt better." Sonny offered a small smile.

"I'm great as well." Stevie replied as she began to mash the potatoes that had been boiling. "I literally had the best time today! I loved watching you guys."

Timothée filled the seat next to Sonny and Saoirse stayed stood next to the refrigerator. "Thank you, love. It's you and Timmy's turn tomorrow though, finally! I'm definitely coming to watch you as well. Are you gonna stick around for it Sonny?" She rambled.

"Oh! I wouldn't miss it for the world." He grinned menacingly at Stevie. "We excited?!"

"I'm literally beside myself." Stevie smiled weakly.

...

"And... Action!" Greta shouted, making the entire set silent. She hadn't told Timothée and Stevie, but their dynamic was the one that she was most looking forward to. She had high hopes for the former lovers. Although the pair had filmed scenes together previously, they had all been as part of a group, when Stevie's character Amy was younger and had no romantic interests at all. Now was time for the big scene: where Amy and Laurie reunite in France for the first time as adults.

The scene opened with Timothée walking along a path, bored and unimpressed with life.

"Okay and cue Amy!" Greta shouted, maybe a little too loud. It did the job, however, as all at once the horse drawn carriage which Stevie was driving started along the path. "Ok, now Timmy look at the carriage as if it's the first time you've ever seen one. Like what the fuck is this? ... Good... And Camera 3 pan up to show Stevie's face. Timmy you've just seen that it's Stevie and you've not seen her in years. You're excited and ecstatic, run to her!"

Timothée jogged to meet the carriage, waving frantically at the girl. Stevie pulled the reigns of the horses up in order to stop frantically and looked at Timothée like an old friend. "Laurie!" She dropped the reigns and reached out to hug the boy. "I thought you'd never come!"

Timothée hugged her back tightly, taking Stevie's breath away slightly. This was the closest they had been in years. He pulled away and shrugged. "I promised you that I'd spend Christmas with you."

"How is your Grandfather? When did you come? Where are you staying?!" Stevie gushed.

"He's fine! I got here last night! I'm staying at The Chauvian! I called for you last night but you were out." He explained.

"We have so much to catch up on, I don't even know where to start! Get in! I have a few errands to run." She motioned towards the carriage, as she climbed back up herself. "I'm glad that I have you for company! Flo is saving up for tonight?"

Timothée climbed up next to her onto the carriage. "Tonight?"

"A Christmas party at our hotel." Stevie explained. "You'll come with us? Aunt will be so pleased to see you."

Timothée had not even a chance to respond before Greta's voice interrupted the scene. "Okay cut." She walked onto the pathway and approached the carriage, peering up at the two actors. "Guys. I really hate to say this you know I do... but God that was bad." She shook her head and Stevie stifled a laugh. "Like it was so fucking wooden and empty. You're meant to be these close friends that haven't seen each other in years and you're acting it like you're strangers."

Greta turned and paced for a moment before turning straight back to face the pair. "You guys are done on set for the day, instead you are going to go on a date."

"A date?!" Stevie scoffed.

"A date! Because like it or not you two have a lot of fucking history. A hell of a lot more than Amy and Laurie. So you are gonna go on a picnic and you're gonna talk about literally everything that has happened in your lives since the break up to now. You need to know each other inside out, okay?"

Timothée sighed and Stevie nodded. The cracks do in fact always show in the end.