𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣

real life

"I just really can't believe we went 5 months without talking to each other." Charlotte confessed, stirring her coffee slowly. The girls had decided to take a walk around central park whilst they talked everything over. They had forgiven each other, but they still felt as though they needed to hash things out properly, or else animosity could linger and potentially fester underneath the surface.

"I know. It's crazy." Stevie sighed, blowing air out of her cheeks and creating a hot mist against the cool autumn air. October was cold, but October in New York City was even colder. "It just sucks because I think we both had so many exciting things going on that we wanted to share with each other, but couldn't."

"I know. But thank god that we actually made up." Charlotte shook her head at the pair's idiocy. "I think any longer and it would have had some sort of lasting impact on the friendship."

"I just can't believe how quickly it went from 0 to 100. Like did you ever have a problem with Jacob?" Stevie wondered aloud. The girls had quickly settled straight back into sharing a brain and saying literally anything that came into their heads.

"I didn't have a problem with Jacob as a person, I had a problem with you going back to him because I didn't think you guys were right together. I thought you were just using him as a distraction to stop yourself falling for Timothée again." Charlotte elaborated. "If anything, I was looking out for Jacob."

"Initially he was a distraction of sorts, but I do love him. He's good for me. He makes me a better version of myself." Stevie nodded, blushing slightly at her words. She hated anything remotely cringeworthy.

"And what about Timothée?" Charlotte eyed the girl.

"He's a good friend..." She clarified. "Although I haven't really spoken to him lately... He tried to talk to me about you, and I kind of... iced him out."

"I had no idea that he even spoke to you, so he was probably iust trying to make sure you were genuinely okay." Charlotte shrugged. "He was just looking out for you, I guess?"

"His heart is always in the right place." Stevie looked to the side. "I should really apologise... Anyway, are you two friends now?"

"Who?" Charlotte flinched. "Timothée and me? Not really, why?"

"Oh. I just assumed you'd spent more time together because of Lily." Stevie shrugged, taking a sip of her coffee.

Charlotte furrowed her eyebrows. "No... I've only seen him... twice, I think? since June. And it was just in passing. We didn't have intense conversations."

Stevie raised an eyebrow at her friend. "What? Even though Lily lives with you now?"

"Yeah. He hasn't been over much. I think he's been travelling a lot, filming Dune." Charlotte shrugged again. "I don't know. None of our business anyway."

"Yeah. None of our business." Stevie nodded, although she kind of did want to know. "How is Lily anyway?"

"She's great. You know we did just click really quickly, it was nice." Charlotte smiled, looking down at her feet and blushing. "She was really grateful for you defending her on Twitter."

Stevie eyed Charlotte slyly, a small grin tugging at her lips. "You have a crush on her, don't you?"

Charlotte stopped in her tracks and turned to face her best friend. "Please don't tell me it's that obvious?!"

"Oh my god! Char!" Stevie exclaimed. "How long have you known?"

"I think I just always thought that I was asexual because boys are just fucking boring, but then when I met Lily in that bar... I don't know. My heart went FUCK!" Charlotte explained. She motioned towards a nearby bench. "Shall we sit?"

Stevie nodded and the pair made their way to the bench. "I'm so proud of you, I just feel like shit though, because I wasn't there to be your personal therapist. How are you feeling now?"

"Oh, no! I'm fine with it. You know my parents are literally the most liberal people ever. My mom baked a cake to celebrate me coming out." Charlotte laughed. "It just sucks because obviously there's no chance that Lily is ever going to feel the same about me... And I just have to watch and play the supportive best friend whilst she's with him."

Stevie wrapped an arm around Charlotte's shoulder. "I can't pretend like I know how you feel, but know that I'm here always. Whenever you want to talk, or if he's over and you need to get out of the house."

"Oh, I've missed you so much." Charlotte grinned. "It's also kind of ironic, isn't it? I want her and you want him, but they only want each other."

Stevie pulled away from Charlotte. "Okay, I hate you again."

...

instagram

stevieelgort honey! i'm home!

stevieelgort
honey! i'm home!

liked by tchalamet, saoirseronan and 639,528 others

view all 3,386 comments

user1 new york stevie thrives

sonnyelgort haha as if u moved back in with mom and dad
stevieelgort please let me live not everyone is a millionaire sonny
user2 brooooo

charlotteslawrence thats my wife!
jacobelordi no thats my wife!!!!
stevieelgort you can share me

giaburton 🤩🤩

lilyrose_depp pleaaase come over soon 🥳
stevieelgort omw!!!!!