ennoshita is Done with the bs

Start from the beginning

he shook his head.

"it's fine. and besides... i don't think i'll ever stop caring," he confessed softly, with a certain longing in his voice that tugged at my heart.

"me either," i said so quietly it was almost a whisper.

we sat side by side silently for a while until practice started.

we didn't avoid each other anymore, but neither of us made any particular attempt to go out of our way to talk to the other either.

but, god, it was awful not talking to ryū and constantly looking away whenever we accidentally made eye contact.

i had just gone through this with asahi at the end of last week, why do i have to do it with ryū now too?!

life is so unfair sometimes.

///

lunchtime rolled around, and i rolled into the designated classroom of the day: where ennoshita, kinoshita, and narita were already sitting next to each other.

"hey, y'all," i sighed, pulling up a chair. i glanced around. "he's not here?"

they exchanged an uncomfortable glance.

"no, he hasn't shown up yet," ennoshita confirmed.

i nodded and started slowly eating my lunch.

i'm sure the others noticed i was uncharacteristically quiet, and i wondered if they knew why. i'm sure they had also noticed that ryū and i had been uncharacteristically avoiding each other, but i hadn't thought to talk to any of them about this problem, and i didn't know if ryū had either.

the thing is, i usually do talk with them about problems- but usually it's minor ones. for big problems, i usually only tell ryū so not as many people know, but unfortunately i cannot talk to ryū about this problem given that it involves him.

i'm not even sure he would want to talk to me right now anyway.

the thought that he could hate me...

i bit my lip, choking back the lump in my throat, and cursing my stinging eyes.

it was just an argument- we can get past it. he wouldn't hate me.

...would he?

i took a sip of water from my water bottle to help calm myself down, and noticed the others staring at me empathetically.

finally, narita cleared his throat.

"are you alright?"

"yeah, it seems like you and tanaka were kind of avoiding each other..." kinoshita added.

"we, uh... just had a little argument, that's all. i'm sure it'll be fine soon enough. i hope."

"it will be," ennoshita reassured.

"you are saying that with an awful lot of confidence... did you talk to ryū?"

he smirked a tiny bit.

"i can neither confirm nor deny the specific goings on of my evening after practice ended last night."

"aha! so you did talk to him! what did he say?! does he hate me forever?!"

i leaned closer to him, and he gently pushed me back into my seat.

"i don't think it's my place to disclose the details of our conversation, but i can tell you that he definitely does not hate you."

"okay, but are you absolutely-"

"nishinoya yuu. you know i love you, but jesus, just take my word for it. calm down a bit and eat your lunch. everything will be fine between you two, i promise."