it's possible to be the Mom Friend and Chaotic at the Same Time

Start from the beginning

i blushed and laughed a little.

"thank you?"

"yes, it's very nice to listen to, and helped me calm down, i think. it's like, i was so focused on listening to your voice that i forgot to think about all the bad stuff that's making me sad."

"well, i'm glad i could help. just don't go thinking about the bad stuff now."

"okay, but now that we're talking about it, it's making me more likely to think about it. could you stay on for a bit and we can just talk about anything?"

"what do you want to talk about?"

"just... anything. i don't really care. as long as it's not about anything sad."

"alright... so during your talk with asahi earlier, did something weird happen? like, maybe he seemed to be in pain... especially in the neck region?"

"...yes? how did you know...?"

i grinned.

"that's because i shot him with a nerf dart."

he gasped, and laughed a little.

"what?! i never would've imagined that! why would you do that though?!"

"i was holding him accountable."

"...holding him accountable?"

"he asked me and daichi to make sure that he told you the real reason behind... well, a certain sad thing, and it seemed like he was about to back out, so i shot him to remind him that there's no need to be scared."

"well... that's actually kind of nice? if you think about it?"

"yeah! and also, we- me and daichi- were both listening in on that whole conversation. sorry, but it was kind of necessary for... well, you know. holding him accountable."

"eh, fair enough. wait, but does that mean you heard-?"

i smirked.

"so you like his hairy chest do you?"

he blushed intensely and hid his face.

"ahh, that's embarrassing! if i'd have known you guys were listening in i wouldn't have said anything!"

i laughed.

"it's okay, we all have our preferences."

"what's yours, suga?"

this time, i blushed.

"well, you don't need to know that. you're just a tiny, baby child, and i can't expose you to such things while you're still so innocent."

"but i just-!"

"ah-ah-ah," i scolded. "if you happen to learn it somehow through some covert measures, then by all means, feel free to do with that information what you will, but i'm sorry to say that i will never willingly give it up to you."

"god damnit."

i shrugged.

"sorry, bud. not all of us just go around talking about that in public with people around."

"listen, i didn't know you guys were there! that's not exactly fair, now is it?"

"all's fair in love and war."

"ughh, you're so annoying, i hate you."

i gasped and clutched my hand to my chest.

"you've hurt me, noya! i thought we were friends... but i guess i'm just a worthless, annoying eavesdropper to you."

he smiled and rolled his eyes.

"i'm so done, oh my god."

"there you go again! not only taking the lord's name in vain-" i did the sign of the cross on myself. "-but admitting that you're done with me." i wiped an invisible tear.

"ugh, you know why i meant. i forgot how chaotic you can be."

i laughed.

"yeah, just because i'm a third year and more often the mom friend doesn't mean i can't have some fun every now and then."

he pointed a finger gun at me and puckered his lips in a kissy face. 👉😗👉

"you right."

i nodded.

"if you still wanna talk, i have plenty more stories. we can talk about something fun, or boring, or maybe even a mix."

"hmm... how about one that's a mix."

"alright, so one day i was just sitting in class..."