your Local lesbians to the Rescue

Start from the beginning

i saw asahi wandering over to talk to nishinoya, and rolled my eyes.

i snuck over to the main door where kiyoko and yachi stood.

"hey, y'all, i'm back."

"shouldn't you be practicing?" kiyoko asked.

i waved my hand in dismissal.

"eh, it's a tuesday afternoon and the season's over anyway, no biggie."

"okay, but why are you here? why not talk to nishinoya or the other second years?"

i glanced at yachi, then at noya and asahi, then back at kiyoko.

"well, i guess i'll tell you too. recently... well, yesterday i mentioned this 'emotional turmoil' i was dealing with? well, that's something i can't talk to the others about, at least not ennoshita... because it kind of involves me being confused if i like him or not..."

again, my voice trailed off, and i felt my face heat up, so i ducked my head slightly.

there was a prolonged silence, so i looked up to see kiyoko in shock- dropped jaw and all.

"are you serious?" she finally stuttered out.

"um... yes? and i would love to talk to noya about this, but he's a bit busy with asahi drama these days."

"yeah, i- uh... i can see that. is this what you were talking about with hitoka-chan earlier?"

"yes."

"why her though?"

i glanced at yachi, who was staring at her hands, which were clasped in front of her.

i didn't want to say anything in case she wasn't out to kiyoko yet, so what should i say?

i opened my mouth to make up some excuse, but yachi interrupted me.

"well, he was asking me about it because i'm gay, so i have the experience of what it's like to question your sexuality."

none of us spoke for a moment, but i swear i could nearly hear yachi's heart beating out of her chest, her lowered face tinged with red.

"well, you could've talked to me about that as well," kiyoko finally said. "i'm a lesbian after all."

yachi's head shot up and she made a slight squeaking noise, but it was mostly covered up by my own noise of surprise.

"for real?"

she nodded, and i proceeded to say something i probably shouldn't have.

"i guess noya-san was right then..."

her gaze became stony.

"why was he talking about my sexuality?" she interrogated.

i put my hands up in defense.

"this was when the idea of me being... not straight was brought up, and i was feeling a little nervous, so he was talking about how everyone here is lgbt, and it was just a bit of speculation."

her gaze softened.

"oh. i guess that's alright then. so, ennoshita, huh? what happened to me?"

"ah, that. well, you're very beautiful and an amazing person, but i got over all that a while ago."

she shook her head.

"honestly, i'm a little hurt." she smiled. "but let's talk about your current concerns."

i nodded and joined them in sitting.

"well, it's not just that i'm confused about this whole sexuality thing, but... i'm kind of upset with noya."